In Jamaica breadfruit is typically served roasted, fried or boiled, but if can also make a great smoothie. With a little Jamaican white rum and a mix of spices for an exotic flavor this smoothie will have you clamoring for more! Here is our Breadfruit Smoothie recipe.
- 1 half-ripe breadfruit, medium sized with brown spots
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon Red Label Jamaican wine
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican white rum (optional)
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Cut the breadfruit into quarters.
- Remove heart, skin, and seeds. Boil in water on medium heat until soft.
- Pour some of the water in which the fruit was boiled into a blender with the fruit pieces.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- The punch can be made thicker or thinner depending on how much water is used.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with ice cubes.