- 1 cup finely shredded raw carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup rasin
- 1/4 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl beat eggs and add sugar . Beat until thick
- Add oil gradually and contiue beating until throughly combined
- Stir in flour and the rest of the dry ingredients including raisin and nuts.
- Add orange juice, rind and ginger to carrot then combine with mixture.
- Stir the mixture til well blended.
- Pour batter into well greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until done