The Cashew Fruit is used by many in Jamaica to make a refreshing drink, that tastes like a cross between a mango and orange. Also known as Cashew Apple the fruit has more vitamin C than an orange. Enjoy our Cashew Fruit Juice recipe.
- 1 dozen Cashews fruit
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (Optional – Do not use if you want to go natural)
- 3 drop vanilla extract flavoring (Optional – Do not use if you want to go natural)
- 1 cup water
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Wash the cashew fruit and remove the nut
- Cut up the fruit into cubes (be careful not to get the fruit on your clothing as it stains)
- Put the fruit in a blender with the water and purée
- Pour the juice through a strainer into a container. Discard the fiber left in the strainer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract flavoring to the container (this step is optional as you can go natural). Mix the juice.
- Serve with ice