This Cho-Cho (Chayote) and Carrot Slaw is a gluten free vegan recipe. It is served with Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
Ingredients for the slaw
- 1 Chayote (Cho-Cho)
3 Organic Carrots
1 Organic Apple (1 slice of apple grilled to be placed on the base of slaw)
¼ Scotch bonnet pepper finely chopped
A handful of dried cranberries
(Optional) A handful of pomegranate
Handful of cilantro
Ingredients for the dressing
- Equal parts of olive oil, agave nectar, and apple cider
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Julienne chayote, carrots, and apple.
- Add finely chopped scotch bonnet pepper and cilantro.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- On the base of the slaw place grilled apple slice.
- Add slaw on top of apple.
- Drizzle with dressing.