- ½ lb. salted codfish
- 2 cups diced raw potato
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
Recipe from the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking with Winsome“.
- Soak codfish in water, preferably overnight.
- Boil for 1/2 hour.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and flake the fish making sure to remove fine bones.
- Boil diced potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Add butter, pepper and shredded fish to potatoes, mix well.
- Form mixture into light, feathery balls.
- Dip in beaten egg then breadcrumbs.
- Fry in deep oil in fryer basket until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve very hot with cocktail sauce. (Yields 12)