Do you love Jamaican Escovitch? Do love chicken wings? Do you love your chicken wings spicy? Then this is the perfect recipe for you. This easy step by step recipe is perfect for novice or expert cooks. Now spice up your life with Escovitch Chicken Wings!!!
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
INGREDIENTS FOR ESCOVITCH SAUCE :
- 1 cup white Vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 2 Onions
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 20 pimentos seeds
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- In a bowl combine the flour, thyme, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, paprika and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in another bowl. Beat well.
- Place oil in a frying pan/sauce pan. Enough to deep fry the chicken wings.
- Dip in the chicken wings in the egg mixture
- Lightly dip the wings in the flour mixture. Do not put too much of the flour mixture on the chicken wings.
- Heat the oil to 400 degrees and place the chicken wings in the frying pan/sauce pan
- Fry the chicken wings crisp until golden brown. Turn down the heat as necessary.
- Set the chicken wings aside in a dish
- Slice onions, scotch bonnet pepper (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Combine the vinegar, water, 2 table spoons sugar and oil in a small pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place on stove and boil. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Place onions, scotch bonnet pepper, and pimento in the pot (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Boil contents on stove for approx. 5 min. Be careful of your eyes burning if contents are overheated. (For Escovitch Sauce)
- Pour contents on the chicken wings
- Serves 6