Throughout the year there are numerous events (many in the summer) in Los Angeles. Ticket prices range from $10 – $40(US) and you’ll never be hungry; vendors are by the dozens, selling everything from beef patties to mannish water and there are also vendors selling various craft items & music as well.
- RaggaMuffins Bob Marley Festival: Every February in Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Arena
- RaggaMuffins Old School Jam: Every June in Long Beach, CA @Queen Mary Park
- UCLA Reggae Festival: Every June in Los Angeles @ University of California, Los Angeles
- Sea Breeze Festival: Every July in Long Beach, CA @ Queen Mary Park
- Jamaica Independence/Family Day Fest: Every August in Los [email protected] Westchester Park
Artists like Lexus, Elephant Man, Lady Shaw, Mr. Easy, Baby Sham, Red Rat, Capleton, Shaggy and many more perform at these events and simply mash up the place.
The crowd are always hype, with jumping, dancing and flag waving. I’ve never been disappointed yet, it’s always fun!
In between all the Annual events are many, many club events and dances. You can usually pick up flyers of local happenings at any of the local Jamaican Restaurants or Markets.