Hibiscus Tea is a “herbal tea” that can be consumed both hot and cold. It is not to be confused with Jamaican sorrell even though many say it tastes like it. Here is our Hibiscus Tea recipe.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup of dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger (optional)
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add hibiscus flowers.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain through a sieve; discard flowers.
- Stir in sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.