- 1 Cup Hominy Corn
- 2 cups Coconut milk (Skim milk can substitute)
- 3-5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ tsp. salt
- Brown sugar to taste
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg to taste
- vanilla – optional
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Put the Hominy corn in a slow cooker and fill with 3-5 cups water and leave for 5-6 hours (or Overnight). Be sure the Hominy corn is completely submerged and there is enough water to leave it overnight. Add a teaspoon of salt to taste (optional). If you do not have a slow cooker use a pressure cooker. Cook for ½ hour (or longer) in the pressure cooker until corn is tender.
- Once the hominy corn is cooked drain the water and set aside.
- Pour coconut milk in a large pot.
- Pour the Hominy corn into the large pot with the coconut milk. Continue to cook on a medium burner for 2-4 minutes.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of flour and 6 tablespoons of water together to make a paste.
- Pour the flour and water paste in to the pot and mix
- Add the condensed milk
- Add sugar to taste
- Add vanilla to taste (Optional)
- Stirring constantly to prevent lumping.
- Sprinkle nutmeg to taste
- Continue cooking and let it simmer over low heat for 2-4 minutes.