Fresh grouper is one of my favorites. It is a mild fish, very inexpensive and easy to cook. Try my super easy Baby Red Grouper and Ham Choy Recipe. Garnish with tomatoes and onion.
- 1 lb. Baby Red Grouper, but into five pieces, head divided in two
- 1 cup hamchoy, cut in pieces
- ½ onion, cut lengthwise
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cornstarch/water mixture for gravy
- Oil for frying
- Brown fish in wok or fry pan with oil. Set aside.
- Over high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil to wok or fry pan .
- Add garlic to brown.
- Add hamchoy and onion, stirring with each addition.
- Add chicken broth and oyster sauce.
- Fold in fish pieces.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for two minutes.
- Uncover and add cornstarch/water mixture to thicken sauce for gravy.
Note: No need to add salt, since the hamchoy and oyster sauce provide enough.