Chicken and Pig Tails with potatoes recipe is a Hakka combo that is made by Chinese Jamaican.
- 2 chicken legs and thighs
- 1 lb. pig’s tail
- 1 potato, diced
- Several scallions, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Soy sauce to taste
- Water for simmering
- Scotch Bonnet pepper (optional)
- Soak the pig’s tail overnight.
- Cut up pig’s tail and cook until tender (pressure cooker is an option).
- When tender, drain and set aside. (You may want to reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the liquid to add later for extra flavor.)
- Cut up chicken and place in pan. Add garlic and soy sauce. Cook chicken pieces until browned, then add the pig’s tail and diced potato.
- Add water to cover, then simmer until tender. Add the chopped scallions and continue to cook until done all the way through.
- Taste to correct seasonings. At this point, you may add the reserved liquid from the pig’s tail for extra saltiness if needed, and the optional Scotch Bonnet pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!