I love this dish. This recipe is from a close Chinese Jamaican friend who knew it was one of my favorites. Whenever she cooked it she would save some for me. Here is Jamaican Chinese Style Curried Pork And Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder, without skin
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the pork and peeled potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil and deep-fry the pork until brown
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Deep-fry the potatoes for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and drain as well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion, salt and ginger slices until onion is soft.
- Add curry powder and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, water, soy sauce, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with boiled white rice.