This Jamaican Chinese Style Stir-Fried Chicken with Bok Choy recipe highlights the fusion of Jamaican and Chinese cultures. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for those days when you need to a quick meal. This is one-pan meal is sure to please all.
- 3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 head Bok Choy (large)
- ½ medium cabbage head
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 7 teaspoon water
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 5 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil for stir-frying
- 6 tablespoons Jamaican Pickapeppa Sauce
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Wash the chicken with vinegar. Cut the chicken into thin strips about 1-inches long.
- Season the chicken with the onion and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut up the Bok Choy cross-wise into thin strips.
- Cut up the 2 carrots into strips and set aside. Shred the ½ cabbage and set aside. Cut up the green & yellow zucchini and set aside.
- Combine the Pickapeppa Sauce and soy sauce (sugar optional)
- Combine the cornstarch with the water.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the garlic. When the oil is ready, add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns light brown.
- Place the stir-fried chicken on paper towels.
- Wash the wok and then add 2 tablespoons oil. Heat the wok.When oil is ready, add the bok choy, carrots, zucchini, and cabbage. Stir-fry with 5 minutes (do not let the vegetables get too soft) .
- Use a spoon to push bok choy up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Bring heat to a boil.
- Re-stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the sauce. Stir to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken. Mix the vegetables and chicken. Serve hot with white rice.