Do you like banana bread and coffee? How about combining them. This easy to make Jamaican Coffee Banana Bread Recipe is perfect way to combine two things you like. It is a moist bread with the subtle coffee flavor. Eat it as a snack or for breakfast.
- 1/3 cup soft Margarine
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp: Jamaican Mountain Peak Instant Coffee
- 1/4 cup Red Label Wine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 tbsp. White Rum
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs, vanilla and extract. Mash ripe bananas.
- Sift flour, instant coffee,baking powder, salt, nutmeg, adding alternatively with mashed bananas.
- Fold in raisins. Mixture should drop easily off spoon.
- Add a little milk if the mixture is too stiff.
- Scrape into greased loaf pan and bake for 40 mins. or until golden brown.