Most people think that crab legs cannot be jerked like chicken or pork on a grill. You are missing out on the great favors that grilling imparts on jerk crabs which cannot be achieve by steam methods. Most grocery stores carry crab legs that are cracked which makes the crab meat easy to season and flavor when jerking. Here is our Jamaican jerk crab legs recipe.
- 20 crab legs, cracked
- 1 cup jerk seasoning (wet seasoning)
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Prepare charcoal grill or smoker; let it burn for 25 minutes or till the fire is low.
- Stir together butter, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder and jerk seasoning. Divide the mixture in half.
- Brush crab legs with half of mixture; set aside remaining mixture.
- In an skillet, heat the oil and sauté the crab legs for about 10 minutes
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice on the crab legs
- Coat the grill rack with Pam grill cooking spray. Arrange crab legs away from any heavy fire and close the grill lid. Every 5 minutes
- Open the grill lid and baste the crab legs with the jerk mxture. This will ensure that it does not get dry. Smoke the crab about 15 minutes or until flesh is white and firm. Remove and serve immediately
- You can serve with a a bowl of any of the jerk mixture that is left (optional)