Summer is here and it’s time to fire up barbeque grill. If hot dog is one of you favorites on the grill we have a recipe for you. We take an old time favorite and “Jamaicanize” it. Try our Jamaican Jerk Hot Dog recipe.
- ½ tsp of vegetable oil
- 6 beef of pork sausages from a 12-ounce package
- ¼ cup of Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 6 Hot dog rolls
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapples
- 1 ounce unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup red onions finely diced
- Place the jerk sauce and sausages in a zip-lock bag and marinade at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Prepare your grill for direct medium high heat. (Jump to Step 6 which can be done simultaneously)
- Use a brush to coat the grill with vegetable oil a couple minutes before putting on the sausages.
- Place the sausages on the grill. Turn the hot dogs a quarter turn and grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Cover the grill in between turnings to help with the cooking and allow it to be “Jerked” with the smoke.
- In a saucepan, combine the unsweetened pineapple juice and brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring so the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- After the syrup has cooled slightly and thickened, add the fresh diced pineapples. Stir.
- Place sausages in hot dog bun. Sprinkle the red onions into the hot dog slits.
- Spoon the pineapple-syrup mixture into the hot dog slits.
- Add ketchup and mustard into the hot dog slits and serve