Not just for spaghetti, minced beef, tomato soup, onion, carrots, potatoes and spices combine for a tasty, comforting, home-cooked meal. Try our Jamaica-style Meat Balls.
- 2 pounds minced beef
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon diced Scotch Bonnet Pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots pared & diced
- 4 medium carrots potatoes & diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix beef, egg, bread crumbs, onions, black pepper & salt
- Shape into meatballs
- Brown meatballs in frying pan or skillet pour off oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring now & then until done (30-40 min)