If you love coconut drops you will love Peanut Drops. Try our simple Peanut Drops recipe
- 2 cup roasted peanuts
- 5 tablespoons minced or shredded ginger
- 3 cups dark unprocessed sugar
- 1 cup water
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Combine the peanuts and ginger.
- Place in a deep pot with the sugar and water.
- Put stove on high and boil.
- Boil until water is gone and the sugar is like carmel and sticky.
- Place a sheet of greased paper on a flat surface (kitchen counter) close by.
- Stir the mixture in the pot with a large spoon to be sure it does not stick to the
- Use the spoon to scoop out mixture to create 1-1/4-inch wide mounds on the
- Each 1-1/4-inch wide mound should be placed in a separate heap on the greased
- Let the drops cool and harden. Serve
Approx. 20 pieces