Everyone loves Red Velvet cake. Try this Red Velvet Cupcake recipe by Alicia Baker, Executive Pastry Chef, Sandals Montego Bay Resort.
- 2 ¾ pound flour
- 2 ¾ pound sugar
- ½ ounce baking soda
- ½ ounce salt
- 1 quart oil
- 9 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 3 ounce white vinegar
- Red food colour as needed
- 1 oz Cocoa powder
- 2 pound cream cheese
- ¾ pound butter
- 1 ½ pound powdered sugar (sifted)
- Teaspoon vanilla
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together for the cupcake then sift into a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and all liquids together and fold into sifted dry.
- Place patty paper into mold then deposit mixture ¾ into paper
- Bake till golden or a dry skewer effect is achieved.
- Place in chiller and cool for icing
- Place cream cheeses in a mixing bowl and mix on 2nd speed till smooth and no lumps.
- Add room temperature butter to the cream cheese and mix through.
- Add the powdered sugar and then mix through.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and then chill for 30 minutes
- Place icing in piping bag as decorate as required
Recipes courtesy of Café de Paris, Sandals Montego Bay
CAFÉ DE PARIS
Sandals Resorts – the home of Discovery Dining – takes délices infinies to unrelenting new heights with its French Pâtisserie – Cafe de Paris. Cafe de Paris is nothing if not an ode to the most delightful elements of French gastronomy steeped in the finest blend of local flavours and a side order of world-famous Jamaican blue mountain coffee.
Guests vacationing at Sandals Montego Bay can now partake in this fine tradition with the resort’s unveiling of its very own Cafe de Paris.
Boasting the same delectable offerings guests have come to expect from Sandals’ famous French pâtisseries, Sandals Montego Bay’s Café de Paris adds to the resort’s diverse culinary options through Discovery Dining and is set to continue a tradition of mouthwatering delights.
Centrally located on resort, Café de Paris features a cozy atmosphere befitting of the flagship resort’s laid-back mood and personality. This quaint little café invites guests in from 6:00am each day for light conversation, great company and a plethora of sweet treats from made-to-order crepes and scones to decadent desserts, macaroons and much more created by Sandals Montego Bay Pastry Chef, Alicia Baker-Wray and her dedicated team.