- 1 pound sorrel
- 2-4 oz. ginger
- 2 quarts water
- wine (optional)
- 8-12 pimento grains
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash sorrel thoroughly, using the fingers to lift it from the water.
- Put into stainless steel container.
- Scrape and wash ginger. Grate and Add to the sorrel. Add pimento grains.
- Boil water and pour over sorrel.
- Allow to stand 4-6 hours. Strain.
- Sweeten to taste and add rum to taste.
- Add optional wine.
- Serve with ice cubes.