A favorite for “ital” eaters and vegans. Here is our simple Steamed Cabbage recipe.
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (cut up and add for spicy)
- 2 sprig tyme
- 1 crushed garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 or 3 small slices of a sweet green pepper.
- 1 medium chopped onion or 2 table spoon onion powder
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash cabbage
- Cut up/slice cabbage leaves in pieces.
- Sauté onion, garlic, pepper, tyme in margarine.
- Add cut up cabbage water and stir.
- Cover saucepan and cook cabbage are tender.
- Add whole scotch bonnet pepper
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Simmer then serve with avocado pear.