Watermelon Daiquiri is the perfect drink for a warm summer evening. It is an innovative spin on the classic daquiri. Watermelon Daiquiris are simple to make, very delicious and relaxing.
- 1 large sized watermelon (you need about 8 cups of melon pieces)
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons rum (or more, to taste)
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons sugar, more or less, to taste
- Cut the watermelon and either cut or use a melon ball scoop to get ice cube sized chunks of watermelon.
- Place chunks into a plastic bag and freeze for 5 – 6 hours.
- Remove watermelon chunks from freezer.
- Combine half of the watermelon chucks, orange juice, rum, orange liqueur, and sugar in a blender.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lime halves into the blender container.
- Blend until pureed – about one minute.
- Pour into serving glasses and repeat with the other half of the ingredients.
- Garnish with wedges of watermelon or slices of lime on the edge of the glasses.
SERVES 4 – 6