The use of mashed yellow yam as the base for pizza toppings is a great idea, and so much healthier than regular pizza dough. Sliced frankfurters and salami provide the perfect topping ingredients.
- 2 cups yellow yam, crushed
- 1 table spoon margarine
- 1/2 ketchup
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt
- 3 frankfurters, cut in strips
- 3 salami slices
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Boil the yellow yam
- Add margarine to the yellow yam and crush while it is still hot.
- Line a pie pan with the crushed yam.
- Mix ketchup, scallion, ,thyme and salt.
- Spread this mixture over the yam lining the pie pan.
- Spread the frankfurter strips and sliced salami over the yam mixture.
- Place the pepper and onion rings on top.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.