This Sunday is Mother’s Day and we have a great idea on how you can show her your love. Bob Marley, Tarrus Riley, Chris Martin, Shaggy, Lady Saw and many other reggae artists have recorded songs that show how much mothers are loved, cherished and needed. From the list of artists, we picked our favorite 7 songs about mothers and the strength of a woman. You can either make a mixtape or hit play on a few of the videos below, put your arms around mom (mummy) and sing the lyrics to the songs on her special day. Then at the end tell her that you love her, that you appreciate all she does and Happy Mother’s Day! Be sure you have tissues close by to give your mom.
1.Thank You Mama – Sizzla (2000) – Amazon Download
2. No Woman, No Cry – Bob Marley (1973) – Amazon Download
3. Mama – Chris Martin (2013) – Amazon Download
4. She’s Royal – Tarrus Riley (2007) – Amazon Download
5. Strength Of A Woman – Shaggy (2002) – Amazon Download
6. No Less Than A Woman (Infertility) – Marion Hall aka Lady Saw (2007) – Amazon Download
7. Black Woman – Judy Mowatt (1980) – Amazon Download