Advice & Help

Can my doctor in Jamaica sign for me?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz:
I am over here in the US, but I need to apply for a TRN to do some business back in Jamaica. The only person I can rely on is my doctor. I want to know if I can get him to sign for me or not on the application papers.
Mitzie Williams

RESPONSE: Dear Mitzie,
Nobody can represent you in signing on your behalf unless they have been given a power of attorney instrument, not even your doctor. In your case however, you are better off applying for the TRN online and then relying on the doctor to submit the form for you, once you send it to him. The TRN is the Tax Registration Number. After the card is ready, you can ask that person, to collect it for you.
When the application is submitted, a number will be processed for you.
Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here