Do I tell the judge the real figure or start again?
QUESTION: Dear Legal wiz,
My brother went to Court in Kingston, Jamaica, and the court staff filled in papers for him. When we spoke I found out the figure is wrong. Instead of 400,000 they put 40,000 we just go to court and tell the Judge.
RESPONSE: Dear Paul,
You need to go in and ask the clerk at the court to reissue a summons with the correct figure for more than one reason. In Jamaica, a claim for under $50,000 is heard in a separate court from a claim for more than $50,000.
Legal Wiz