Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group


Hi All



For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Being Mary Jane

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Being Mary Jane

    Did anyone watch this last night???????????

  • #2
    I watch it on weekends so me will check back after!
    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks seemi.



      Originally posted by seemiyah View Post
      I watch it on weekends so me will check back after!

      Comment


      • #4
        I watched it and as I watched I thought you know she is an unlikable character! I don't know how she has any friends left as she always cussing them out. I don't know why David keep hanging around and I don't know what her daddy really telling her to do cause he should only tell her to move on from David. I found the entire episode annoying.
        Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a luv hate relationship with this show.

          I LOVE the show - but more and more, am disliking Mary Jane.

          She makes herSELF miserable, for no reason at all.

          I agree with her dad's advice. He's basically telling her, DO YOU - pick something and stick with it - life is short, stop if an butt.

          This girl can NOT make up her mind.

          She has "it" all and is still miserable. Does she even KNOW what she wants?

          She does IVF and it doesn't work so well - then goes BACK to the doctor begging him to proceed because she wants a baby - then she skips out on the last step of the procedure because she wants to sleep with David and have HIM be the father. Yet she doesn't tell him she's about to trap him.

          HELLOOOOOOO?




          Originally posted by seemiyah View Post
          I watched it and as I watched I thought you know she is an unlikable character! I don't know how she has any friends left as she always cussing them out. I don't know why David keep hanging around and I don't know what her daddy really telling her to do cause he should only tell her to move on from David. I found the entire episode annoying.

          Comment


          • #6
            i watched the first season on Netflix I believe caw mi nuh have cable. i find her and her relationships tiring. i am sure women out there have these challenges and i did too but i was young and foolish. grey beard woman shouldn't a guh through these tings. or am i naive? mi tink she woulda know better by season 2. sarry fi hear seh ah di same almshouse

            Comment


            • #7
              Frenchie - I have a dear cousin who is just as - if not more than - tired as MaryJane. She's mid 40's and doing pretty much the same exact ish. I just don't get it.

              I don't say a WORD! Likklemoas peeps start tell yuh seh yah "judge" dem.



              Originally posted by FrenchTickla View Post
              i watched the first season on Netflix I believe caw mi nuh have cable. i find her and her relationships tiring. i am sure women out there have these challenges and i did too but i was young and foolish. grey beard woman shouldn't a guh through these tings. or am i naive? mi tink she woulda know better by season 2. sarry fi hear seh ah di same almshouse

              Comment


              • #8
                Some people just emotionally stunted. I hope they turn around her storyline. I might still hate watch it becaw i am a sucker

                Comment


                • #9
                  Agreed - something has to give. SOMEthing has to change.

                  It's going to get tiresome watching her and David rebound off each other over & over & over & over again.

                  Her dating that new billionaire guy is of no interest to me because we all know THAT's not going to work out. She'll just end up sabotaging whatever it is that they develop.

                  Maybe something along the lines of her job or more conflict amongst her family ... The issues of her immediate family are great. That Niecey is something else. All that stuff with her family is ripe for more exploration. Even her FRIENDS are more interesting than her.



                  Originally posted by FrenchTickla View Post
                  Some people just emotionally stunted. I hope they turn around her storyline. I might still hate watch it becaw i am a sucker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I watched it yesterday, and yes I think I am hate watching it, I feel like I will just wait for the season to finish then watch the rest cause everybody in it is sooo annoying. I don't even understand what the problem is in that when she found out David was with the other woman she was running him down, now he say he want to come back she don't want him like so what you was running him dung fah! She mean to her fren dem, she mean to that producer/friend woman, who is mean to that man she meet I don't know why he still want to see her. Dem all crazy!!!
                    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I gave up on the show half-way through season one because MJ is too miserable and self-destructive. The season two premiere was more of the same so I can't bother again.
                      Show me your papers.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hear you out Bstar - but here's the thing ...

                        It's almost like all the other peeps AROUND MJ are more interesting than her!

                        Example - I watched it last night and was a bit gripped by her brother's storyline. He went to pick up his little 7 year old daughter, only to find her home alone by herself. And had been alone for a few DAYS! Her mom - nowhere to be found. I never watched the 1st seasons of this show so I didn't even KNOW he had a young daughter! And I dont know what the story is with the child's mother but apparently it's bad. Dont even MENTION when the cops pulled him over. Now THAT was tense - for sure I thought something was going to pop off )-:

                        Then - her exec producer is coming apart a the seams. Kara battling it out with her ex husband who has full custody of their 2 kids. SHE has to pay him child support. And Gael might become her life line.

                        So cool - all these other stories of the surrounding characters.

                        I'll hv to keep watching a bit longer.

                        Originally posted by Blackstar* View Post
                        I gave up on the show half-way through season one because MJ is too miserable and self-destructive. The season two premiere was more of the same so I can't bother again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yuri, she change har ways yet?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll let you know tomorrow when the next episode airs!



                            Originally posted by FrenchTickla View Post
                            Yuri, she change har ways yet?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thumbs up to last nite's episode.

                              And once again, some of the most intriguing scenes - to me - involved everyone except MaryJane.

                              Kara'a got major drama - things we can all relate to. Having to step in and help aging parents - parents in $ straits. Very interesting.

                              Niecy's sister moving forward with her life: getting married, new job and moving with fiancé to a new city - her jealousy and other feelings toward this.

                              Her father struggling a bit with losing his daughter.

                              Not to MENTION the David/Lisa bombshell.

                              Nice Show last nite!

                              Comment

                              Welcome to vBulletin!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

                              ads

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X