Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Concept of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franksterr View Post
    Could you please address my question as to whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon?
    I am kind of confused..is that a serious question?..You do know the craft that landed on the moon was called the Eagle?
    as for the bible there are no eyewitnesses in the bible.....
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by j-can View Post
      I am kind of confused..is that a serious question?..You do know the craft that landed on the moon was called the Eagle?
      as for the bible there are no eyewitnesses in the bible.....
      I know you are confused the bible tends to do that to the uninformed

Yes it is a serious question.

The craft was called eagle......but was it an eagle?

Is it possible that whale/fish that Jonah was in could also be a craft? or at the very least represent something else?

If I say "I heard something straight from the horse's mouth" Am I talking about a horse that actually talks ?
      Aid is Imperialism.
      All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
      Legalize weed
      The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
      "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
      Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

Comment

Originally posted by franksterr View Post

Yes it is a serious question.

The craft was called eagle......but was it an eagle?
        ?
        It was not a real eagle
        If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by j-can View Post
          It was not a real eagle

This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand".......Those are the words of Jesus, 2000 yrs ago in the bible,That does not diminish the value inherent in the stories.

Bible stories are not fairy tales but could be classified as idiomatic expression using legendary and mythical historical stories to impart lessons(morals) of and about how to live Life and as such retain and is a repository of vast amounts of valuable knowledge.

If you say one should not take the bible literal then why are you doing so?
          When seen in this light your statement that "
          This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales" becomes in itself nonsensical.

My point is you are "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" even though you purport to know better.

Your statement
          We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary
          is best dealt with in you other thread.
          Aid is Imperialism.
          All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
          Legalize weed
          The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
          "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
          Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X