Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Concept of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept of God?

If the concept of God has any use,It is to make us larger,Freer,And more Loving...........If God can't do that It's time to get rid of Him..........

James Baldwin
    If your ship does not come in, Swim out to it!!!

You have got to go the way your blood beats,If you don't live the one life you have,You wont live some other life,You won't live any life at All......

James Baldwin

Comment

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.

People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.

James Baldwin

Comment

Originally posted by j-can View Post
        If the concept of God has any use,It is to make us larger,Freer,And more Loving...........If God can't do that It's time to get rid of Him..........

James Baldwin
        james baldwin funnee man woo add problems widd da concept of god cah itt bunn fiyah pon homosexualitee
        I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
        Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

You have got to go the way your blood beats,If you don't live the one life you have,You wont live some other life,You won't live any life at All......

James Baldwin

I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
          Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

Originally posted by blugiant View Post
            james baldwin funnee man woo add problems widd da concept of god cah itt bunn fiyah pon homosexualitee

funny man or not......the idea that there is some guy up in the clouds watching every thing we do down here is ridiculous

Comment

funny man or not......the idea that there is some guy up in the clouds watching every thing we do down here is ridiculous
              The Above concept of God is Religiously Accurate for the most part and though Biblically derived and sourced is biblically Inaccurate or incomplete.
              Aid is Imperialism.
              All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good to do nothing.
              Legalize weed
              The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
              "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
              Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

Comment

I do not believe anything without evidence

Comment

I do not believe anything without evidence

What evidence do you accept and or require?
                  Aid is Imperialism.
                  Legalize weed
                  The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
                  "3 stages of Truth, 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it is violently opposed. 3rd, it is accepted as being self-evident."
                  Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful

Comment

Originally posted by franksterr View Post
                    What evidence do you accept and or require?
                    any evidence will do

Comment

any evidence will do
                      Then the bible is replete with testimonials.
                      Aid is Imperialism.
                      Legalize weed

Comment

Then the bible is replete with testimonials.
                        lol
                        I have read the bible.You can't take it literally,It's full of fairy tales and myths(how does a man survive for three days in the belly of a whale?,How can a man build a boat big enough to carry all the animals of the earth?.....This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales...

If I told you Santa Claus was real and tried to get you to believe in Sante Claus like I do,You would correctly think I was mad because everyone over 6 years old know Santa is not a real person,We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary

Comment

lol
                          I have read the bible.You can't take it literally,It's full of fairy tales and myths(how does a man survive for three days in the belly of a whale?,How can a man build a boat big enough to carry all the animals of the earth?.....This book is full of these ridiculous and non sensical tales...

If I told you Santa Claus was real and tried to get you to believe in Sante Claus like I do,You would correctly think I was mad because everyone over 6 years old know Santa is not a real person,We invented him just like every other God's........... God is imaginary
                          You said any evidence will do.....that is mine.

Now having answered your question, let me address your Jonah issue with a simple question:-
                          The eagle has landed....
                          let me ask you did an eagle actually carry men to and land on the moon ?
                          That actual event has given the expression a whole new meaning today that what it meant when it was originally used..

eagle has landed.jpg

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”
                          Last edited by franksterr; 05-29-2016, 11:42 PM.
                          Aid is Imperialism.
                          Legalize weed

Comment

You said any evidence will do.....that is mine.
                            That is not evidence....it's what you believe and there is nothing wrong with that but it's not evidence........

Comment

That is not evidence....it's what you believe and there is nothing wrong with that but it's not evidence........
                              Could you please address my question as to whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon?

Even though you have totally neglected to answer my question, as to Whether or not an eagle carried men to the moon......I will still respond to your miss direction.

1. You said
                              "any evidence will do"
                              . Then you try to disqualify the evidence I provided. Here is why the bible is evidentiary/evidential.

How do we define evidence, according to google....The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid

In other words.....If an idea is accepted as a belief by you, that fact does not mean it cannot be factual, valid and or true.

2. The Bible provides three types of evidence
                              A) Testimonial
                              B) Anecdotal
                              C) Eye Witness.*
                              Last edited by franksterr; 06-03-2016, 03:34 PM.
                              Aid is Imperialism.
                              Legalize weed

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X