Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Birth Control Pill Recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control Pill Recall

(Reuters) - Pfizer said on Tuesday it was recalling about 1 million packets of birth control pills in the United States because they may not contain enough contraceptive to prevent pregnancy.

Pfizer said the birth control pills posed no health threat to women but it urged consumers affected by the recall to "begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately."

The drugmaker said the issue involved 14 lots of Lo/Ovral-28 tablets and 14 lots of Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets.

It said an investigation had found that some blister packs of the oral contraceptive might contain an inexact count of inert or active ingredients in the tablets.

The pills were manufactured by Pfizer and marketed by Akrimax Pharmaceuticals and shipped to warehouses, clinics and retail pharmacies nationwide, the company said.

Here
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Re: Birth Control Pill Recall

You know disya pill recall no fair because 2012 a leap year and young people no need no added stress. A whole heap a women going to breed and nuff nuff babies going to bawn saka dis pill recall bizness - poor Pfizer a hope dem people who get prignant due to the failure of dese pills sue the draws off a dem - dem too thief (just paid $141 for 30 pills paid by Pfizer and that was my co-pay).
    Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous

Comment

$141 was your co-pay? or just the amount you pay until you meet your deductible threshold
      Nuff Pfizer jacket ago wear now !!
      If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
      We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Yes, co-pay - its a nonformulary drug and there is no generic form. I have to get it from the mail order pharmacy then I will get 3 months supply and pay less. I cannot afford to buy my meds at local pharmacy at all. Mi tiad a dem drug companies - sometimes you have to make a decision if you can afford to tek 1 pill a day instead of the 2 the MD prescribed; health care in dis here country needs to be over hauled. (and me not yet ready fe eat cat food).
        Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(just paid $141 for 30 pills paid by Pfizer and that was my co-pay). </div></div>

Dem too terrible, and yuh nevah one day see dem a gi out antibiotics in Haiti or The Congo.
          7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X