Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Healthy living- runners tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ran today's marathon

Thanks, Peasie!

The quads feel good...mi still have a sore spot in the soft tissue area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> that's great time, SandiF.

How the quads feel? </div></div>

Comment

Yes, St Louis is hilly and you don't realise it 'til you are running. I have to give props to the Brook's trail shoes as they kept up well and not a moment of foot discomfort.

They had corrals and started in waves but the corrals were small and jammed pack. The usual elbow and shoulder jostling for the 10 mins before you can find a little space to break free.

After I ran 15 mls last weekend and felt great, I said, ok, you can do 26.2 in 5 hrs max... best marathon time so far. I am getting tired of road races, the mental fatigue during the race is worse than the physical fatigue after the race.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HIELPEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SandiF them kinna time is awesome, as St.Louis is quite a hilly course ahn then to do it without following a training guide.

you ahn mi both, with schedules that begin in the next few weeks. mi juss a try soak up the last few weeks of peace before mi get out deh to get ready for fall.

mi have a question though about St. Louis...them nu have wave/corral starts? cah me'd haffi tump smaddy if them touch me during a run. them allow too much unetiquette people on courses these days. them juss nu know common course conduct again. </div></div>

Comment

• Re: ran today's 10k

so me sleep and wake up.

So I ran the 10 K today and it was a good experience. hitched a ride with my coach so i didn't have the hassle of having to try to find the place + parking. Only downside was that she leave at the crack of dawn. (5:45 am) or it just seem so cause i'm not one of those disgustingly cheerful morning people . Went bed around 12...toss and turn with nerves- then up at 5.

It was good to have a running partner -she paced me so that I didn't start out too fast, and didn't have to take any walk intervals. the course was as flat as you'll get in GA , and once i got past the first 2 miles and I loosened up , the run felt smooth and effortless. Really nice scenery and no dogs (look like most a the dogs did enter the 5 k ) or tings weh dogs owners like to leave behind

Being more of an informal run, we were allowed to carry music, and luckily Pandora never decide seh it was gangsta rap or techno music morning

Only ting is that coach lady is a talker and I'm def not, that early in the morning and especially not when running. She seemed to want me to respond to her talking too .....but despite the chattering (most of which she prob did to try distract me and keep me going.. ), she definitely helped me to get thru the race.

Onwards and upwards to half marathon in October.

Mgee i never get a medal but mr cb tek a picture of the bib, when him give me the picture and if I not showing no inappropriate cleavage, I'll post it

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

yay for CB...

Comment

Comment

excellent cb, feel proud and happy fi u, altho i imagine u already feel plenty of that uself.

my personal trainer used to try talk to me to, on run and during routines. come to find out that's it was her sneaky way to test my exertion level. if conversation gets too difficult she slow mi dung.

looking forward to ur pic.
              <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

good for you
                “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

CeaBee

Comment

Yah! Congrats CB!

Happy runnings towards your first half...

Comment

CB join the running crew!!!!

btw: besides keeping you distracted...chatting is a great way to gauge how hard you are working. you should always be able to chat when you are running. if you can sing...then pick it up. if you cant chat...then slow it down.
                      Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

ahh i should've known bout the talking thing..it still annoying tho'

thanks y'all
                        “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CeaBee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so me sleep and wake up.

So I ran the 10 K today and it was a good experience. hitched a ride with my coach so i didn't have the hassle of having to try to find the place + parking. Only downside was that she leave at the crack of dawn. (5:45 am) or it just seem so cause i'm not one of those disgustingly cheerful morning people . Went bed around 12...toss and turn with nerves- then up at 5.

It was good to have a running partner -she paced me so that I didn't start out too fast, and didn't have to take any walk intervals. the course was as flat as you'll get in GA , and once i got past the first 2 miles and I loosened up , the run felt smooth and effortless. Really nice scenery and no dogs (look like most a the dogs did enter the 5 k ) or tings weh dogs owners like to leave behind

Being more of an informal run, we were allowed to carry music, and luckily Pandora never decide seh it was gangsta rap or techno music morning

Only ting is that coach lady is a talker and I'm def not, that early in the morning and especially not when running. She seemed to want me to respond to her talking too .....but despite the chattering (most of which she prob did to try distract me and keep me going.. ), she definitely helped me to get thru the race.

Onwards and upwards to half marathon in October.

Mgee i never get a medal but mr cb tek a picture of the bib, when him give me the picture and if I not showing no inappropriate cleavage, I'll post it

</div></div>

ceabee!!! I am with you on the morning thing.. why people so chatty chatty dem time a day deh
                          If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                          We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X