Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Desperate : Fridge : Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning J -

I looked at the Maytag but from what i Can make out, they do a LOT of lemons.

Originally posted by j-kid View Post
    Whe bout Maytag fridge?

Comment

u still a store u stuff ova u nayba house or u buckle down and close u eyes and get a fridge?

Which one did you get?
      If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
      We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

After an untold amount of massive research, shopping, etc, I did pick one.

Hubby laughed at me big time during my scoping out fridges but I don’t care. And yes, I very much did walk around with my most awkward sized serving platter and large pot – straight into the stores – and tried them out IN the fridges.

I ended up going against my gut because of size restraints, and I went with a french door. I picked this one -

http://www.lowes.com/pd_385529-46-WR...teel|Whirlpool

- as it had a wicked good sale going on. Got it for just under a grand.

What I’ve learned is, I shoulda stuck with my gut.

Yes - you guessed it - it's going STRAIGHT back ... (30 days return policy) ... with nooooooooo delay.

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
        u still a store u stuff ova u nayba house or u buckle down and close u eyes and get a fridge?

Which one did you get?

Comment

IN STORE and REAL LIFE are two totally diff things, as we all know. Sometime no matter HOW much you try it out there.

The minute I started using this bad boy I knew it couldn't work. There's 3 deal breakers.

- they put the controls and a panel at the top front and center of the fridge. it blocks you from using the entire surface of the top shelf because the panel hangs down in the way. it's like u can only use the left and right side of the top shelf comfortably. I tried to suck it up

- u have to open EACH door pretty much all the time to see everything; it's hard to explain

- what I couldn't live with, is the way the doors close. the left side always has to be closed first and the right door last so that it can lap over top the seal of the left door;

Comment

Thanks for explaining the deal breakers. Good things to look for in the future.
            7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriatin View Post
              IN STORE and REAL LIFE are two totally diff things, as we all know. Sometime no matter HOW much you try it out there.

The minute I started using this bad boy I knew it couldn't work. There's 3 deal breakers.

- they put the controls and a panel at the top front and center of the fridge. it blocks you from using the entire surface of the top shelf because the panel hangs down in the way. it's like u can only use the left and right side of the top shelf comfortably. I tried to suck it up

- u have to open EACH door pretty much all the time to see everything; it's hard to explain

- what I couldn't live with, is the way the doors close. the left side always has to be closed first and the right door last so that it can lap over top the seal of the left door;
              Thank you for explaining the french door fridge issues. That would be a deal breaker for me too. Esp the fact u have to close one side 1st

Return it baxside and get what u gut did tell you

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriatin View Post
                The story is so long, that it’s now painful. It’d be to stressful to recount in detail so, suffice it to say, I need a new fridge – quickly and desperately. Of course, the worst way to go about buying an appliance.

I know that pretty much any and all brands probably have their share of issues but for heaven sake, isn’t there one or two out there that are WELL MADE anymore? RELIABLE?

We have a Whirlpool fridge that is 21 years old – strong as an ox – in mint condition and operation. Would’ve probably run for ANOTHER 20 years! Let’s just say, an extended visit from an extremely mischievous visiting 11 year old – yadda yadda yadda – the fridge is now dead.

I want to know if you guys have had any horror stories with any particular brand -

Any success stories with a brand fridge that you can tell me of -

There’s almost no fridge out there that I haven’t read about, looked at online and in store this week – vast majority are disappointing and none seem as strong as my fridge that I’m replacing.

Am looking for a basic fridge – no water dispenser – no bells and whistle – just something good and strong. No french doors, no side by side. My only preference is a freezer on the bottom.

Any thoughts?
                Late to the party, but I was told by someone in an appliance store to stay away from anything Samsung. I was already leaning that way because of an experience with a dishwasher so that particular brand is now on my black list.
                aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
                ~ Anon

Comment

Yes Kia my dear - it's a deal breaker - maybe not for everyone but it is for me. When I open the fridge door, I just want to see / do / get what I want all at one time - don't want to have to open the next door. Sounds like I'm a whiner - I know, but - suh it guh. This is something I realize now, that I couldn't anticipate the annoyance level while shopping in store - it's something you cant realize until u do real usage.

And I noticed the thing with the way the french door closes is something that exists on some models and not on others.

Aye sah ...

Anyway - I'll be back en time di nex fridge deliva bah bah.

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                  Thank you for explaining the french door fridge issues. That would be a deal breaker for me too. Esp the fact u have to close one side 1st

Return it baxside and get what u gut did tell you

Comment

waiting wid Yuri fi ar new fridge delivery

Comment

Here she is:

http://www.kenmore.com/kenmore-elite...p-04678023000P

At least for now!

I got her for free delivery (bastards told me they had free delivery but if it's on Saturday, there's a $10 fee - they dont know who they're dealing with) and on sale and some coupon saving brought it down to $897.00 grand total after tax was included.
                      Last edited by Yuriatin; 07-28-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Show me your papers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes Blackstar - ur RIGHT! That really IS a desperate fridge dilemma!

Originally posted by Blackstar* View Post

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X