Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

2015 Basement Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that narrows it down then since yuh prefer not to have strangers a schlepp in yuh basement

all but C will probably use day workers (they use them here as well)
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Now I am in the phase of comparing the line items from Contractor C and D bids.

Contractor D know what dem talking bout. They are into getting a few things up to code - the drain in the current basement shower is not up to code.

Comment

What you can do is ask contractor C what is up to code and not and that will tell you how ready they are to go on their own. Master Carpenter is good but they also know how to take short cuts
        If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
        We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Week 5 of Project

Some before and IN PROGRESS pictures

Before: they tore down walls from previous bathroom and hobby room. Toilet just temporarily stored next to old furnace. In far corner is freezer. "Rat nest" of electrical wires dropping from ceiling.

In Progress: Wall put up between laundry area and bathroom. (You can't see the bathroom in this photo.) Plumbing installed for washer, dryer, and utility shower. Recessed lights installed. Floor tiles and some wall tile installed.

Comment

During this phase my 30-year old furnace died I went ahead and replaced the entire HVAC system with high efficiency furnace and AC. Also replaced water heater.

Comment

Another before and IN PROGRESS comparison.

Before: the basement exit door is next to laundry area. I had them tear out a wall so that explains some of the hanging electrical wiring.

In Progress: not a good comparison picture but laundry moved to make space for a kitchenette with sink, microwave and cabinets. New exit door and new ceramic floor tiles.
              Last edited by Peasie; 03-14-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Very impressed with tile man's work. And he is a yardie!

This is the bathroom ... still in progress.

Comment

Here is a close-up ... lighting does not do justice to Yardie's excellent tile work!

Again, this is still under construction. Soooooo wishing this was all done

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
                    During this phase my 30-year old furnace died I went ahead and replaced the entire HVAC system with high efficiency furnace and AC. Also replaced water heater.

Besides the $$$$ did u go with a tankless water heater? Sorry about the furnace your heating bills go down drastically

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
                      Here is a close-up ... lighting does not do justice to Yardie's excellent tile work!

Again, this is still under construction. Soooooo wishing this was all done

Nice Tile work. does he travel?

Comment

so with the kitchenette & bath & sink ting going on is that where u gwine put pease 1 & 2 when dem come home

Comment

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                          so with the kitchenette & bath & sink ting going on is that where u gwine put pease 1 & 2 when dem come home

Comment

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                            Besides the $$$$ did u go with a tankless water heater? Sorry about the furnace your heating bills go down drastically
                            I seriously considered tankless. But research shows I would not recover costs for a long time. So I went with an efficient 50 gallon w.h.
                            Last edited by Peasie; 03-14-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Love the blue of the bathroom. Can't wait to see the finished project.
                              7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Peasie just noticed you did the recessed light in the shower. Somebody looked on me strange when I said I was doing that. Absolutely love it. ..

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X