Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Recipe of the Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recipe of the Day - Easy golden sweet cornbread

Ingredients

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1 cup yellow cornmeal
    * 2/3 cup white sugar
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    * 1 egg
    * 1 cup milk
    * 1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
    2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Comment

mi gwine try it....hope it nu tun out dry.
      Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

ILP I start checking my stuff 5 mins before the time they say so if is 20 min I start looking in at 15 and start sticking a toothpic in at 18 mins.

Comment

the cornbread looks nice a fluffy it turn out good Twiney?

I still use Sweet's cornbread recipe. That one is rich and creamy and deathly fattening
          And he will slay any Dragon for me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

Nylah so where that recipe is posted?
            Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

Nylah it was all gone before we went to church ... so I'm keeping it for the days I need to do an easy one.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILP_N_Belly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nylah so where that recipe is posted? </div></div>

goodness, me and the search button arent friends but I have it saved on my computer. Soon come

Twiny

Comment

Okay, found it quicker than I thought.

Not written in recipe form but basically the instructions should be combine ingredients in the order listed.

cream the butter and sugar together well and then build from there. I love scallions so I chop up some and fling them in along the way.

<span style="font-weight: bold">CORNBREAD</span>

½ lb soft margarine
                  1 cup sugar
                  4 eggs
                  1 can cream corn or 2 fresh corn blended
                  2 tsp. of vanilla
                  ¼ tsp. salt
                  1 cup flour
                  1 cup corn meal
                  4 teaspoon baking powder
                  ½ cup Jack or Cheddar Cheese

Procedure: Bake @ 300º for 1 hour

Devour

Comment

My arteries started complaining as I read the recipe so I will wait until the work is finished at church and bake it for there when we have round up sometime next month ...it looks good. and I can see it going well with my vegetarian chili.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My arteries started complaining as I read the recipe </div></div>

you see it

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day - Chili Penne with Butternut Squash

Chili Penne with Butternut Squash

Ingredients:

* 11 oz (350 g) penne
                        * 2 lb (1 kg) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-in. (2-cm) cubes
                        * 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
                        * 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed chili flakes
                        * 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cumin seeds
                        * 5 oz (150 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
                        * 1/2 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese

Method:

* 1. Cook penne and squash in large pot of salted boiling water 12 minutes or until squash is soft and pasta is al dente. Reserve 6 3/4 tbsp (100 mL) cooking water, then drain thoroughly.
                        * 2. Pour olive oil into warm pasta pot set over low heat, and stir in crushed chili flakes and cumin seeds. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat.
                        * 3. Return pasta and squash to pot and add reserved cooking liquid. Combine gently. Add goat cheese, season to taste and toss. Turn into warm serving bowl and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Serves 4

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day - Tex Mex Chilli

For those snowed in this will warm you up

Tex Mex Chili
                          Prep time: 15 minutes
                          Cook time: 25 minutes

This is a great, lighter chili typically served in the Southwest. Using chicken rather than beef reduces the calories and fat. Dusting the chicken with flour maintains the moisture. Aged cheddar is the perfect accompaniment. Add diced avocado to the list of garnishes if you like. Serves 6

Ingredients:
                          • 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts), diced
                          • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                          • 2 tsp vegetable oil
                          • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
                          • 1 cup canned corn, drained
                          • 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
                          • 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
                          • 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce (or store-bought spaghetti sauce)
                          • 3/4 cup chicken (or beef) stock
                          • 1 Tbsp chili powder
                          • 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
                          • 1 tsp dried oregano
                          • 1 1/2 tsp seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper (or 1½ tsp hot chili sauce)
                          • pinch of salt and pepper
                          • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
                          • 1/2 cup shredded aged light cheddar cheese
                          • 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream

Method:
                          1. Place the chicken and flour in a bowl and toss to coat. Lightly coat a nonstick saucepan with cooking spray, add 1 tsp of the vegetable oil and set over medium heat. Sauté the chicken for 5 minutes or until it is lightly browned on all sides, but do not cook through. Set aside.
                          2. Re-spray the same saucepan, add the remaining vegetable oil and set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and garlic and continue to cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the corn is browned.
                          3. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, stock, chili powder, basil, oregano, jalapeño, salt and pepper.
                          4. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the diced chicken and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through and the chili thickens. Serve the chili in bowls, and garnish with cilantro, cheese and sour cream.

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day - Stir-Fried Chicken &amp; Sugar Snap Peas

1/2 cup oyster sauce
                            2 tsp rice vinegar
                            1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
                            4 tsp vegetable oil
                            4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
                            1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
                            2 carrots peeled and sliced thin
                            8 ounces sugar snap peas, stems snapped off and strings removed
                            4 garlic cloves, minced
                            2 tbsp grated fresh ginger

1. Whisk oyster sauce, vinegar and pepper flakes in medium bowl. Heat 2 tsp oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Cook half of chicken until no longer pink, about 3 mins. Transfer to bowl and repeat with remaining oil and chicken.

2. Add broth and carrot to empty skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, until carrots ae just tender, about 3 mins. Remove lid, add snap peas and cook until bright green and liquid has evaporated, about 2 mins. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 sec. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan. Add oyster sauce mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 min. Serve with white rice.

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day - Stir-Fried Chicken &amp; Sugar Snap Peas

Twiny if you can find the sexily tasty recipe for chinese eggplant and tofu. i just may kiss you
                              When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day - Egg Plant and tofu for Sue

Title: Szechwan Eggplant &amp; Tofu
                                Categories: Chinese
                                Yield: 4 servings

3 tb Soy sauce
                                1/4 c Dry sherry or Chinese rice
                                -wine
                                1 tb White or brown sugar
                                1 tb Cider vinegar
                                3 tb Cornstarch
                                2 tb Peanut oil
                                1 md Onion, thinly sliced
                                1 lg Eggplant, cut into strips,
                                -thinly
                                3/4 ts Salt
                                2 tb Minced garlic
                                1 tb Minced fresh ginger
                                1/4 ts Black pepper
                                Cayenne pepper to taste
                                3 Cakes firm tofu, cut into
                                -strips
                                8 Scallions: greens minced,
                                -whites in strips, keep
                                -separate
                                1 bn Cilantro, minced (optional)

SZECHWAN EGGPLANT &amp; TOFU

SAUCE:

Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, sugar in a liquid-measuring cup.
                                Add enough water to make up to 1 cup. Place cornstarch in a small
                                bowl, pour in the liquid, pour on the liquid &amp; whisk till dissolved.
                                Set aside.

Heat a large wok over a high flame. Add oil &amp; onion &amp; stir fry for
                                about a minute. Add eggplant &amp; salt &amp; stir fry for 8 to 10 minutes
                                till the eggplant is soft. Add garlic, ginger &amp; black pepper &amp;
                                cayenne. Cook a few minutes more.

Add tofu &amp; scallion bottoms. Stir the bowl of liquid that has been
                                set aside &amp; add to the wok. Mix well &amp; stir fry for another few
                                minutes till the sauce is thickened.

Remove from the heat &amp; serve over rice topped with scallion greens &amp;
                                cilantro.

Serves 4.

Szechuan-Style Eggplant and Tofu in Chili Bean Sauce

by Ching He-Huang from Ching's Kitchen Simple, spicy and scrumptious, Ching-He Huang's imaginative vegetarian side dish can be made in minutes

SERVES 4

* 2 tablespoons peanut oil
                                * 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
                                * 2 cm fresh ginger, grated
                                * 1 medium eggplant, sliced and cut into small chunks
                                * 500 ml water
                                * 3 tablespoons chili bean sauce, preferably dou ban jiang sauce, if available
                                * 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
                                * 400 g fresh tofu, in water, drained and cubed
                                * 2 small spring onions, shredded

Heat a wok with the oil over a high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds.

Add the eggplant to the wok and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.

Pour over 500ml of water, followed by the chilli bean sauce, soy sauce and tofu.

Simmer for another 1-2 minutes, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately with steamed rice.

Tofu Eggplant Grape Tomato Roast Recipe

By mystic_river1
                                Healthy veggie and tofu dish. Great with the veggies coming to their peak. A wonderfully medley of flavor that you can add to...zucchini. sliced onion etc. welcome. I made it with what I had.

Ingredients

* I medium purple eggplant peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch round slices
                                * 1/2 package or 8 grape or cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half lengthwise
                                * 1 package of organic firm tofu sliced in 1/2 inch slices
                                * garlic-infused white truffle oil or
                                * herb- infused EVOO
                                * panko bread crumbs

Directions

1. Put eggplant on a platter with plate on top and a weight
                                2. (This was my mother's way of getting water and bitterness out
                                3. I still have my grandmother's old heavy iron that Mom gave me)
                                4. when eggplant has been standing from 1/2 -1 hour drain and proceed with recipe
                                5. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
                                6. Fix two bowls-one with oil and 1 with panko
                                7. I use a round pizza pan with Reynolds Release foil
                                8. Dip eggplant and tofu in oil and then panko
                                9. Place on pan with tomato pieces
                                10. Sprinkle with oregano and a bit more oil
                                11. Roast 10-15 minutes according to your oven
                                12. Turn eggplant and tofu half way through or when toasty on the bottom
                                13. Pierce with fork to test doneness
                                14. That's It ! Enjoy with fresh baked bread.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X