Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Recipe of the Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recipe of the Day - Egg Plant and tofu for Sue

Sue mi cyaan bother type so the cook books I have are totally useless tonight.

Comment

twiny u a look mod position hawd hawd eino
      Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

No hon ... wouldnt do it even if offered ... mi have renewed interest in cooking these days ... only reason I come around here

Comment

thanks for that egg plantrecipe twiney.

this morning:

two mediuum sized potatoes -sliced thin

1 small zucchini- sliced thin

1 small chinese eggplant-sliced thin

one half medium sweetpotato -thinly diced

one half cup of spinach

one quarter cup of frozen sweet corn

one half small onion thinly chopped.

one half can of diced tomatoes

one brick of havarticheese grated

one tsp powdered chicken stock

one tsp sugar (brown in this case)

two tblspn flour

one half tsp oregano

in pot: in one half cup ofwater with the ingredients and bring to a boil, being careful to watch for stickedness and therefore add more warter before'n di sitt'n bunnup.

combine the zucchini, potatoes and sweet potatoes,with the zucchini, eggplant,oregano, sugar and chicken stock. boil. bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are edible. set aside.

in bowl mix one half can of tomatoes with the flour until smooth.

mix the sauce into the potatoe/zucchini/sweet potatoe/corn, etc. mix above. mix well.

spray yu baking pan wid pam (or other made in china edible oil product dat won't stick to yu pan). heat oven at 350 degrees.

den sprinkle the top with the havarti cheese. bake for 20 minutes. the gods will fall from mount olympus and worship at your feet.

serves 4.

When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

Sue, I've been thinking about this recipe all day.

I might ask you to bring it back in the Summer

Comment

...peasie that was for breakfast.
              When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

Re: Recipe of the Day

So how does this thread go? Can anybody post a recipe?
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yes anyone can and then I wont feel guilty for forgetting all about the tread.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twiney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes anyone can and then I wont feel guilty for forgetting all about the tread. </div></div>

OK thanks. Sounds like a plan.

Now this is my first recipe post so take it easy on me lol.

This is an easy creole fish recipe. Clean your fish with lime, salt, vinegar or whatever your normally use before getting started.

Ingredients

* 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
                    * 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
                    * 1 small onion, chopped
                    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
                    * 2 garlic cloves, chopped
                    * 1/4 cup dry white wine
                    * 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
                    * 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
                    * 1/2 teaspoon pepper
                    * 2 teaspoons hot sauce or pepper sauce
                    * 2 pounds cod fillets or firm white fish of your choice

Preparation

1. Season fish with cajun seasoning and set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 350°.

3. Sauté bell peppers and onion in hot oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.

4. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.

5. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.

6. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, and hot sauce.

7. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes and then remove from heat.

8. Place seasoned fillets on top of tomato mixture in skillet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

I like it over basmati rice, but my friend prefers it over bowtie pasta.

When I make it for my parents who don't drink alcohol and don't understand that the alcohol burns off, I use veggie broth with a little vinegar flung in instead of the wine.

Anyway it's an extra easy creole fish recipe that's tasty and I always have the ingredients for it.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I got tall nerve coming back in the next day, but just so happens I actually do have tall nerve.

I noticed that I see collard greens on the Sunday meals a bit. I love em and especially love em with some hamhocks as seasoning meat but also love em not cooked to death so here is my next recipe.

Collards and Okra

3 bunches of collard greens
                      1 pound of fresh okra
                      1 large red onion, sliced
                      5 cloves of garlic, crushed
                      2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
                      1 tablespoon of ground coriander
                      1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
                      Instructions:

Wash collard leaves individually on both sides with rubbing motion. Stack approximately 15 leaves evenly. Roll from long side in cigar fashion. Cut into 1/8 inch ribbons. Continue until all leaves are cut. Drop into boiling salted water just to cover. Blanch 4 minutes only. Drain. Set aside. Reserve one cup cooking liquid. Wash okra and cut off tops. Slice diagonally into about 4 or 5 slices per stem. Sauté onion, okra, and garlic in oil 8 minutes. Add drained collards, coriander and cayenne. Stir- fry on medium high heat 5 minutes.

Comment

Yup, it's me again. LOL.

Nothing goes better with greens than cornbread. I am not the biggest fan of sweet cornbread and that's an understatement. I do love a good mexican cornbread and the corn adds all the sweetness I need so here's a recipe.

Ingredients

* Butter or non-stick cooking spray, for greasing pan
                        * 1 cup all-purpose cornmeal
                        * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
                        * 2 tablespoons baking powder
                        * 2/3 cup milk
                        * 2 eggs
                        * 1/2 teaspoon salt
                        * 1/3 cup vegetable oil
                        * 1/2 cup chopped onion
                        * 1 (14-ounce) can creamed corn
                        * 1 cup grated Cheddar
                        * 1 cup chopped jalepeno peppers

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 9-inch square pan with softened butter or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, salt, and oil. Stir in onion and creamed corn. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Top with cheese and peppers, spreading onto batter. Pour remaining batter on top of cheese and peppers. Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.

Comment

I agree...nuttin betta dan callaloo with cornbread on the side! I usually try to do mine with a little Jamaican twist....onion, sweet pepper &amp; country pepper and of course, some grated cheddar because I'm a cheese lover....great combo for a light lunch!
                          Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
                          j&#97;&#109;a&#105;&#99;a&#46;&#106;e&#119;&#101;l &#64;&#121;a&#104;&#111;o&#46;&#99;o&#109;

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree...nuttin betta dan callaloo with cornbread on the side! I usually try to do mine with a little Jamaican twist....onion, sweet pepper &amp; country pepper and of course, some grated cheddar because I'm a cheese lover....great combo for a light lunch! </div></div>

The sweet pepper sounds a like a good addition. I'm not too sure what a country pepper is but I say toss it in just the same lol. You talking about callaloo made me hungry, but it is entirely too late at night to be eating.

Comment

This is a sweet one and my family loves it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Carrot Souffle</span>

Ingredients
                              * 1 3/4 lbs peeled &amp; chopped carrots
                              * 1 cup sugar
                              * 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
                              * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
                              * 2 tablespoons flour
                              * 3 eggs, well-beaten
                              * 1/2-1 cup margarine, at room temperature
                              * powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Steam or boil carrots; drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.

3. While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.

4. Beat with mixer until smooth.

5. Add flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and mix well.

6. Add margarine and beat well.

7. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.

8. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the top is light golden brown.

9. Sprinkle lightly over the top with powdered sugar before serving.

Comment

Carrot Souffle I want to give this one a try at Easter!
                                And he will slay any Dragon for me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X