Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Recipe of the Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recipe of the Day

Tulip, the creole fish recipe sounds good....I'm gonna try that one too...
    http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...04/pepper2.jpg
    <span style="font-weight: bold">ONE LOVE, HEALTH, PEACE &amp; HAPPINESS</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;free your heart from hatred...love all...give more...expect less&quot;</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nylah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
      Carrot Souffle I want to give this one a try at Easter! </div></div>

That's the next time I plan to cook it too lol. That's only about two weeks away so it will come soon. I hope you like it too.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamBrit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tulip, the creole fish recipe sounds good....I'm gonna try that one too... </div></div>

Thanks JamBrit. Once you get your things together, it is easy to cook. You don't have to babysit it which I really like. Let me know what you think after you try it.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

This looks good...hmmm

Comment

<span style="font-weight: bold">Crab Crusted Grouper</span>
            (Cooking this tomorrow. I avoid cooking on Saturdays if at all possible.)

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese flavored bread crumbs
            * 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
            * 2 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
            * 2 scallions chopped
            * 1 jalapeno pepper minced
            * 4 tablespoons butter, melted
            * 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
            * 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
            * 4 (6 ounce) fillets grouper

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, red pepper, yellow pepper, scallions, jalapeno, butter, crabmeat, and mozzarella cheese. Arrange grouper fillets in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the fish.

3. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. If you have thin fillets, you may broil for 10 minutes instead of baking.

OK, I know I talk a lot but I like to share vital info.

1. Unless you're cool with your fish being bland inside, I suggest marinating. I used plain Goya and lime (no more than 60 minutes). I have to have more than just a good flavor on the outside.

2. Never bought canned crab in my life so I use the lump crab meat in the plastic container from the seafood section.

3. This is a mighty good dish.

Comment

Mmmmmmm, that sounds delicious! ....The lump crabmeat in the LARGE can is big chunks &amp; very good, but I imagine the price is astronomical now! (haven't priced it for years)....might be nice with chopped shrimp on top in place of crab.....
              Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
              j&#97;&#109;a&#105;&#99;a&#46;&#106;e&#119;&#101;l &#64;&#121;a&#104;&#111;o&#46;&#99;o&#109;

Comment

That chopped shrimp sounds like a good idea. Or let me be my normal greedy self and use both lol.

Crab is expensive here too. I usually get it from home and then bring it back up here and store it in the deep freezer.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tulip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That chopped shrimp sounds like a good idea. Or let me be my normal greedy self and use both lol.

Crab is expensive here too. I usually get it from home and then bring it back up here and store it in the deep freezer. </div></div>

Home, meaning Jamaica??...crab here in Duncans Bay is about $350J a lb,($4US) for the whole ah it....so, depending on how big it is &amp; the time it take to get the meat out, it can get pretty expensive, even more than lobster, but de meat sweet!!...I can't find them too often, but am always looking. You have to be quick on the seaside &amp; beat out all the Silver Sands helpers &amp; the 2 cookshop owners....sometimes it ain't pretty!
                  Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
                  j&#97;&#109;a&#105;&#99;a&#46;&#106;e&#119;&#101;l &#64;&#121;a&#104;&#111;o&#46;&#99;o&#109;

Comment

No, I'm all yankee. Home is the coast of Alabama. Living there on the water, seafood is much cheaper than it is here in Atlanta, and of course, the taste is on a whole other level altogether.

Lump crabmeat here if you can even find it runs somewhere around $20 a container if you can find a good price, but is around $6 at home.

As for the actual crabs, the price is going to depend on the type, but there is about a $10 per pound difference in price. The only crab here that ever approaches reasonable @ around $6.99/lb is snow crab (which of course would be my least favorite), and it would take me til next year to pick enough meat out them for the dish.

Lobster is high both places but more-so here. It doesn't swim in the gulf near home so it goes.

I know I'm long winded no lie but I'm working on it and got to get this last part out. My parents are coming for Easter next week and I asked my dad to bring me a fishing pole. You know it is on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tulip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That chopped shrimp sounds like a good idea. Or let me be my normal greedy self and use both lol.

Crab is expensive here too. I usually get it from home and then bring it back up here and store it in the deep freezer. </div></div>

Home, meaning Jamaica??...crab here in Duncans Bay is about $350J a lb,($4US) for the whole ah it....so, depending on how big it is &amp; the time it take to get the meat out, it can get pretty expensive, even more than lobster, but de meat sweet!!...I can't find them too often, but am always looking. You have to be quick on the seaside &amp; beat out all the Silver Sands helpers &amp; the 2 cookshop owners....sometimes it ain't pretty! </div></div>

Comment

<span style="font-weight: bold">CREOLE OKRA</span>

I am trying this dish today due to the okra thread. I’ll let you know how it came out.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ingredients:</span>

• 3 bacon slices
                      • 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra
                      • 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
                      • 1 cup frozen onion seasoning blend
                      • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
                      • 1/2 cup water
                      • 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
                      • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
                      • Hot cooked rice (optional)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Preparation:</span>

Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon, and set aside.

Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch ovens over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve over rice, if desired.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cook's Notes (Yeah, I always have something extra to say):</span>

1. I have become quite fond of beef bacon so that is what I’m using. If you want to use turkey bacon, you know it’s not going to render any fat so you may as well pull out the olive oil.

2. I’m using fresh okra so I’m going to have to eyeball the quantity. Also, I’m not adding it until the 15 minute simmer.

3. I’m also just chopping up some white onions, bell pepper, and scallions. Frozen has no taste to me and besides, I don’t own any frozen anyway.

Comment

OK, now I remembered to come back. It came out good but I added some garlic and cayenne pepper too. Overall, I'd give it a 4 out 5.

Comment

never heard of beef bacon before
                          When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SueSumba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never heard of beef bacon before </div></div>

This is the brand I use:

It tastes real good.

Comment

$4.59 fe it??

sounds good dow, but if u a go eat beef bacon, wha de diff if a pork bacon, or turkey bacon?
                              “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SistaCtry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$4.59 fe it??

sounds good dow, but if u a go eat beef bacon, wha de diff if a pork bacon, or turkey bacon? </div></div>

All three have a different taste. The beef has all the good old smokey flavor with a better texture if you ask me.

It goes on sale about once a month at Publix. That's when I pick up a couple of packs. There are not too many things I pay full price for when I know they will be on sale soon.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X