Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Single Sistahs - What's Going On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Sistahs - What's Going On?

My sister drew my attention to the high number of professional sistahs who are single and wanting a relationship.

What's going on?

Dem shy.
    Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by purejam View Post
      My sister drew my attention to the high number of professional sistahs who are single and wanting a relationship.

What's going on?
      What is going on is men are putting more emphasis on and willingness to than brains and character.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post
        What is going on is men are putting more emphasis on and willingness to than brains and character.
        So it's all down to brothas?

If you put the responsibility on the other that means you're a victim who cannot do anything about it.

Also, it indicates you have a low opinion of brothas, which in itself could be problematic given you have a son.

That said, there are some males who need to step up to make the grade of man.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya View Post
          Dem shy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya View Post
            Dem shy.
            (((Nunya)))) u still deh bout?

Comment

deh one dem wey ha no man ah bad bargin?????

from a evolutionary perspective their overriding properties are not considered attractive for them to selected by a partner...
              Last edited by Wahalla; 10-04-2014, 02:27 PM.
              What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
              If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

men in their age group are looking for younger women i hear. (suh two women i talk to tell me)

2 men in that age group tell me that there's a plethora of women to choose from...but too many have "baggage" (eg :trust issues, young children), with regard to appearance some women out of shape, and then some women just downright crazy.

but i think it boil down to more woman out there than available man. (i think?)
                Last edited by CeaBee; 10-04-2014, 01:30 PM.
                “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

I think each case is different however I think high expectations is probably one but you can't blame them as men today are different. Alot are not as ambitious and that maybe because of the single parenthood epidemic where they don't have male figures to emulate.
                  Out of Many One People Online
                  http://www.jamaicans.com

Comment

Originally posted by tuffstuff View Post
                    (((Nunya)))) u still deh bout?
                    eeeh eh, but mi moastly jus read doah caw mi fraid say de madniss pan yah a go come een like chick v...
                    Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by purejam View Post
                      So it's all down to brothas?

If you put the responsibility on the other that means you're a victim who cannot do anything about it.

Also, it indicates you have a low opinion of brothas, which in itself could be problematic given you have a son.

That said, there are some males who need to step up to make the grade of man.

I do not have a low opinion of men. I have a realistic opinion of the situation. I have done my best to raise a non-sexist child without these silly hang-ups. Only time will tell if I have succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by CeaBee View Post
                        men in their age group are looking for younger women i hear. (suh two women i talk to tell me)

2 men in that age group tell me that there's a plethora of women to choose from...but too many have "baggage" (eg :trust issues, young children), with regard to appearance some women out of shape, and then some women just downright crazy.

but i think it boil down to more woman out there than available man. (i think?)

Look at the regular posters on here.. all the men seem to be in stable relationships....Xavier, RichD, Blu, Jah yut, Magic who is missing.....
                        What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
                        If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

Originally posted by Wahalla View Post
                          Look at the regular posters on here.. all the men seem to be in stable relationships....Xavier, RichD, Blu, Jah yut, Magic who is missing.....
                          and if they were suddenly single again, they would probably be able to get into another relationship pretty quickly (if that was what they wanted). I believe that over a certain age (let's use 35) the ratio of single men to women , is skewed in favour of the men . More single women out there, less available men.
                          “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

Originally posted by Xavier View Post
                            I think each case is different however I think high expectations is probably one but you can't blame them as men today are different. Alot are not as ambitious and that maybe because of the single parenthood epidemic where they don't have male figures to emulate.
                            What are these 'high' expectations? Do so many brothas really lack ambition in comparison to sistahs?

and if they were suddenly single again, they would probably be able to get into another relationship pretty quickly (if that was what they wanted). I believe that over a certain age (let's use 35) the ratio of single men to women , is skewed in favour of the men . More single women out there, less available men.
                            Why aren't there available over 35 year-old brothas?

Comment

I believe that over a certain age (let's use 35) the ratio of single men to women , is skewed in favour of the men . More single women out there, less available men.
                              OK. But for people in their 50s, I have not found this to be true (although maybe it is).

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X