Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Ghomeshi Sexual Harassment Case: What is your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghomeshi Sexual Harassment Case: What is your take?

This story is all over the news in Canada. It has to do with relationships that degenerate into "he says, she says". He claims it was consensual kinky sex. The women claim it was consensual sex but the kinky part wasn't.

What is your take on this?

Here is a summary:

Evening of October 26 –The Toronto Star publishes a story containing allegations from three women who say Ghomeshi was physically violent to them without their consent during sexual encounters or in the run-up to such encounters.“The three women interviewed by the Star …allege he struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing; and that they were verbally abused during and after sex. A fourth woman, who worked at CBC, said Ghomeshi told her at work: “I want to hate f— you,” read the report.
    Through his lawyer, Ghomeshi said he “does not engage in non-consensual role play or sex and any suggestion of the contrary is defamatory,” according to the Star.
    Monday October 27 – Ghomeshi’s lawyers file a lawsuit upped to $55-million, plus special damages, alleging breach of confidence, bad faith and defamation by the public broadcaster.
    Here is the timeline:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1647091/ti...jian-ghomeshi/

My take is that if the women did not for a man they barely knew would note be in this position. Before you take this stop with any man, isn't it wise to know him first and to at least have discussed his sexual proclivities?

To sleep with a man you hardly know and then cry about it later sounds like a bit much to me. What is your take on this?

My take? This is why women should not until they know a man REALLY well and what he is into.

If they had kept their drawz on, this would never have happened.

There I said it.
    Last edited by Tropicana; 11-10-2014, 05:04 PM.

Now new reports are coming out.

New reports in the Toronto Star and Canadaland podcast detail further allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace by former CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi.Ghomeshi was fired by CBC on Oct. 26, leading him to defend his "tastes in the bedroom" on Facebook and launch a $55-million wrongful dismissal lawsuit. In the days since, several women have made allegations in media reports of sexual and physical abuse as well as workplace harassment. Toronto police have also opened an investigation after three women filed complaints. Now, there are new allegations involving CBC employees, interns and jobseekers.
    The Toronto Star reported today that, according to a former student and a journalism professor, Western University J-school students were warned against internships at Ghomeshi’s CBC radio show "Q" due to "concerns about 'inappropriate' behaviour toward young women by the now-fired host."
    The anonymous woman Veri was referring to also elaborated on the alleged 2010 incident in the National Post, where she said she informed an executive producer."[His] comment to me was …'He's never going to change, you're a malleable person, let’s talk about how you can make this a less toxic work environment for you. No one was going to talk to Jian, he was too big. The show was a EDIT juggernaut at that point. His face and name were inextricably linked with the brand of Q."
    The second woman, a Montreal-based CBC producer who "dreamed of being on Q,"told the Toronto Star she met Ghomeshi at a book signing and alleges he took her to his hotel room and threw her against the wall. She says she performed EDIT “to get out of there” and didn’t complain to managers because “I felt like Jian was CBC god."
    Yet another report emerged on Friday, published in Headspace and written by Elisabeth Faure, whom the site describes as "a Concordia journalism graduate, former CBC Montreal employee and Q intern."
    So all these women were harrassed and said nothing. I find that very hard to believe in this day and age.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11...n_6084324.html

Comment

This story I believe:

Sheila Copps says NDP MPs opening up about harassment could force change

Sheila Copps says she can empathize with two female New Democrat MPs who are reluctant to talk about their explosive allegations of inappropriate conduct by two of their Liberal colleagues.The former deputy prime minister revealed Monday she was raped years ago by a boyfriend and sexually assaulted by a fellow legislator when she was a novice member of Ontario's legislature.
      Still, says Copps, the two anonymous New Democrats could take an initial step towards changing attitudes towards sexual harassment by lodging formal complaints about what happened.
      "They have enough power in their own voices to be open and that's how you change it," Copps said in an interview Monday.
      "It's not as though this is an employee who's at risk of being fired or demoted."
      That said, Copps stopped short of directly encouraging the pair to speak out.
      "I think it's their decision.... I've already made a comment about Jian Ghomeshi without having all the facts and I don't want to repeat that."

Copps initially defended Ghomeshi's right to due process after the CBC radio star was fired for alleged sexual violence towards women. As many as nine women have subsequently come forward with allegations, including three who've formally complained to police.
      In the midst of the Ghomeshi scandal, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau last week suspended Massimo Pacetti and Scott Andrews from his caucus after a female New Democrat directly complained to him about "serious personal misconduct" experienced by herself and another NDP MP.New Democrats have subsequently lashed out at Trudeau for "revictimizing" the women, although he was careful not to identify their names, gender or party affiliation. NDP Leader Tom Mulcair has said he knew about the incidents but did not pursue them at the request of the women, who didn't want the matter made public.
      Copps wrote in a column published Monday in The Hill Times that, unlike the Ghomeshi case – where allegations have now been referred to police – "unfortunately no Canadian police force can investigate a complaint on Parliament Hill."
      "The Hill workplace is not subject to provincial labour laws, which offer protection in every other place of employment in Ontario."
      In her own case, Copps did not tell anyone when — as a neophyte, 28-year-old Liberal member of the Ontario legislature — she was sexually assaulted by a Conservative colleague.
      They were both members of a committee which had travelled to northern Ontario, ironically during a study of violence against women. Committee members had worked all day and gone as a group to dinner before retiring to their rooms, all booked in the same hotel.
      Copps and her Conservative counterpart got off the elevator on the same floor, whereupon she said: "He literally jumped me and pushed me up against the wall and tried to start kissing me and fondling my breasts."
      "I did resolve it with use of my basketball skills by giving a knee in the place where it hurts. He never came near me again and that was the end of it."
      Copps said she never complained to anyone about the incident because she felt she'd dealt with the matter satisfactorily herself. She did write about it some years later in her first book on her experiences as a young, female politician in what was then an almost exclusively male preserve.
      At the time, Copps was one of only six women in Ontario's legislature.
      Before entering the political realm, Copps did go to the police about being raped by a man she had been dating. The police advised her there was no point in pursuing the matter since it would be his word against hers and there was little likelihood of a conviction.
      The police did, however, visit the man to let him know his behaviour was unacceptable and Copps got what she wanted, which was "to be protected from him."
      As an MP from 1993 to 2004, Copps said she was never sexually assaulted, although male colleagues often said inappropriate things to her, including having a Conservative MP call her a slut — in the House of Commons.
      "Oh God, yeah," she said with a laugh.
      "When you're a woman in a man's world, that tends to come out more quickly than it would otherwise ... I think that's the nature of any workplace and you kind of have to find ways to manage it because there are going to be crude people everywhere."
      Today, Copps noted there are more women in politics and far less tolerance for sexual harassment or assault.
      Kathleen Wynne, Ontario's first female premier, said Monday that "it's a good thing" that people like Copps are speaking up about their experiences.
      "Then we need to make sure that we have a reaction that we can deal with those situations sensitively and appropriately," Wynne said.
      Copps approved of Trudeau's decision to punt the two Liberals accused of inappropriate conduct, saying once an NDP MP complained directly to him, the Liberal leader had a duty to act.
      "It's not fair to suggest that he should be the recipient of the information and then do nothing about it."
      Nevertheless, she said the matter has exposed the fact that the Commons has no process for dealing with complaints by one MP against another or for ensuring an accused MP gets a fair hearing — unlike any other workplace.
      Insiders do not expect any movement on the issue until Nov. 25, when the secretive, multi-party board of internal economy is next scheduled to meet. Liberals want a neutral, third party appointed to independently investigate the allegations.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/49...-sheila-copps/

The others accusing of kinky sex, mi ting dem did and then find that, TV personality or TV personality not, he was a weirdo into kinky stuff. Is that non-consensual? Part of it yes but the rest.....they should have found out what he was into before getting started with him....

Should he be charged? Heck yes and the jury will have to sort it out. It's a lesson to all women though.

Comment

Update: Since this story was published on Wednesday afternoon, four more women have come forward with allegations that Jian Ghomeshi assaulted them. One of the women, Canadian actress Lucy DeCoutere, claims Ghomeshi choked and slapped her without consent. Another woman, who remains anonymous, alleged on CBC radio Wednesday evening that Ghomeshi punched her repeatedly in the head without warning.
        Twenty-four hours: a single, sordid day. That’s roughly how long it took for Jian Ghomeshi, beloved creator and host of CBC’s syndicated radio show, Q, to implode on a national stage. On Sunday, Oct. 26, the CBC fired the 47-year-old host for vague and mysterious reasons; new “information” had come across the CBC’s desk, it stated, which precluded the public broadcaster from continuing a relationship with Ghomeshi. Fans barely had time to guess at what those reasons were before Ghomeshi solved the mystery for them: He had been fired, he alleged, on account of his unorthodox sex life, which he detailed in a Facebook confessional that reads like something out of the television show Scandal.
        “Let me be the first to say that my tastes in the bedroom may not be palatable to some folks,” he wrote, expressing what may be the understatement of the century. “But this is my private life. And no one, and certainly no employer, should have dominion over what people do consensually in their private life.” Ghomeshi’s private life, he claims in the now-viral Facebook post, is full of BDSM—bondage, discipline and sadomasochism—something he alleges he practised consensually with his sexual partners, including an ex-girlfriend of two years
        [/QUOTE]

Stick a pin, how can a woman have kinky sex with a guy for 2 years and then claim it was not consensual?

.....he does not name, but who he claims colluded with a freelance journalist to launch “a campaign of false allegations” against him. The freelance journalist he references is presumably Jesse Brown, one of two reporters who broke a story in the Toronto Star late on Sunday night detailing anonymous allegations of sexual assault and harassment made against the former Qhost. (Full disclosure: Brown is my cousin.)
        Ghomeshi is suing his former employer for $55 million, for defamation, breach of confidence and punitive damages, alleging that the CBC fired him because it couldn’t stomach his perfectly healthy and consensual kinky proclivities. But the four anonymous sources cited in the Toronto Star story by Brown and investigative reporter Kevin Donovan claim their experiences with Ghomeshi were not consensual.
        One woman, a former Q staffer, told the Star in its published report that the host groped her rear end in the studio and whispered in her ear at a staff meeting that he’d like to “hate f–k her.” The Star reported that the other three women interviewed for the piece claimed that Ghomeshi “struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing.”

The women told the Star they have chosen not to report their allegations to the police for the same reasons many people choose not to report sexual assault claims: They fear they’ll be discredited and humiliated in the press and on social media.
        Pay attention to this next part.

Some of them told the paper they also assume that a digital trail of texts and emails with Ghomeshi, in which they suggest an interest in BDSM and rough sex, might incriminate them ....

So in emails they said they were into rough sex and now after the fact they are complaining that the guy got rough. Anyone else confused?
        ....or, at least, discredit them further.
        This next part sound like mumbo jumbo to me.

But emailing your partner with the suggestion that you might entertain trying out some kinky moves in the bedroom, as one or more of these women might have done, is not an open invitation for him to knock you out or choke you during sex.

The law demands not merely consent before sex, but “ongoing consent,” something that’s difficult to define in the realm of BDSM and, therefore, built into the rules and rituals. “You can’t consent in advance,” says Brenda Cossman, a University of Toronto law professor who specializes in sexual behaviour and the law.

Nor can you consent to an assault that causes bodily harm (except, Cossman notes, in cases of athletics—hockey and boxing, for example—where bodily harm is deemed to have “social value”). This may mean that, regardless of written or oral permission to punch, bite or choke a sexual partner, anyone who commits those acts may be in violation of Canada’s consent laws anyway.

Don't get me wrong this guy is one of those self-loathing Asians I speak about from time to time and he is clearly slime bucket but it seems that at least some of these women are crying wolf after the fact.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/s...s-and-the-cbc/

Comment

Jian Ghomeshi, Former Canadian Radio Host, Charged With Four Counts of Sexual Assault

Jian Ghomeshi, a former radio host for Canadian broadcaster CBC, surrendered to Toronto authorities on Wednesday and has been charged with four counts of sexual assault and one count of choking.Ghomeshi, 47, was released on bail after a court appearance several hours later.
          Toronto police declined to release specific details about the charges, but a number of women have filed police complaints against him. He was fired from his job at the CBC on Oct. 26.
          According to the Globe and Mail in Toronto, Ghomeshi posted a response to the allegations on Facebook, but it was later removed. He claimed that he had done nothing wrong and that “everything I have done has been consensual.”
          Toronto police announced that they were conducting an investigation on Nov. 1. At that time, a police spokeswoman said that three women had contacted them. More women have since come forward in the media to allege physical or sexual abuse or harassment.
          “Through a statement released to the media, we became aware that person or persons had viewed graphic evidence of physical injury to a woman,” a police spokeswoman said earlier this month. “As a result, we are requesting that any member of the public come forward with any video, photograph, social media chats relating to this investigation.”
          On Tuesday, Ghomeshi withdrew a $55 million lawsuit he filed against the CBC after his firing, and instead will pursue a union grievance, according to the Globe and Mail.
          http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/jia...lt-1201365536/

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post

Don't get me wrong this guy is one of those self-loathing Asians I speak about from time to time and he is clearly slime bucket but it seems that at least some of these women are crying wolf after the fact.

he is Iranian .
            When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
                he is Iranian .
                Hmm first self-loathing Iranian I have encountered. He looks East Indian.

Comment

Nothing conclusive about origin of name.

Ghomeshi Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity

No one has submitted information on Ghomeshi country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section

Ghomeshi Meaning & Etymology

No one has submitted information on Ghomeshi meaning and etymology.

Comment

Man he certainly is a dawgasaurus fi true.

Star says Ghomeshi showed CBC graphic sex videos

Jian Ghomeshi showed CBC brass graphic videos of sexual encounters, which included beatings and bondage, as proof that his violent encounters with women were consensual, sources have told the Toronto Star. Before being fired by the broadcaster last weekend, Ghomeshi had become aware that allegations against him were about to surface, and had brought in the videos as evidence that, as a source told the Star, "how bruising could happen and it could still be consensual."Ghomeshi features in the videos, which featured "scenarios where Jian Ghomeshi asks, for example, a woman to do something and she does it," the source told the Star. In his initial public statement after being fired by the network Sunday, the host said he "voluntarily showed evidence that everything I have done has been consensual. I did this in good faith and because I know, as I have always known, that I have nothing to hide. This when the CBC decided to fire me."
                    The attempt, of course, backfired. In a new internal memo to employees leaked online Friday afternoon, the CBC confirmed that at a Thursday, October 23 meeting with Ghomeshi, they saw "graphic evidence that Jian had caused physical injury to a woman" and found it to be "fundamentally unacceptable for any employee." He was officially terminated three days later. The memo also confirms that Ghomeshi first notified them of a possible Toronto Star investigation into his conduct this spring. Read the full memo here.
                    http://www.blogto.com/arts/2014/10/s...ic_sex_videos/

Comment

Here is what HE said about his heritage when people still liked him:

the Canadian host, a celebrity in his own right in Toronto, is also an immigrant — an experience he said has shaped him “in every way. There is no way to divorce one’s experience from one’s lineage, especially when you are a first-generation immigrant.”And even more so when your heritage is Iranian.
                      Born in England, Mr. Ghomeshi arrived in Canada at age 7 in the mid-1970s. At first, his heritage was something to be proud of, and he used his Persian roots for show-and-tell in second grade. Then, two things happened.
                      First, his father, a civil engineer, moved the family to the northern suburb of Thornhill, which at the time was mostly white and Anglo-Saxon.
                      “We were the ethnic family on the street,” he said in an August interview near his Canadian Broadcasting Corp. offices. “I was contending with all the normal things a first-generation kid would contend with — funny name, brownish skin, big nose and an English accent, which I desperately worked to lose. It was the kind of thing where playing hockey, the other kids had 30-year-old dads with skates who were on the ice with them, and my dad was 50 years old, sitting in the stands, and didn’t even really understand the game.”
                      Then, in 1979, Iranian revolutionaries captured the U.S. embassy and held people hostage, and it hit 12-year-old Jian “like a hammer.”
                      “I was too young to have the tools to understand the political realities of what was going on, and certainly not to understand stereotyping. All I knew was that we came from this evil place.”
                      ”I remember on a top 40 radio station, they had taken the Beach Boys song ‘Barbara Ann’ and turned it into ‘Bomb Iran,’ and it led me to years of denial and hoping people wouldn’t know where I came from, which I didn’t overcome until I got to university.”
                      Today, Mr. Ghomeshi, who also had a career as a musician and founder of the group Moxy Fruvous, has come to terms with his heritage, made easier by the fact that Toronto now has more than 100,000 residents of Iranian descent, most of whom moved there after the hostage crisis.
                      “For a kid who came here when there was no one else like me, it’s sort of like, ‘Where were you? I could have used the backup.’ ”
                      He loves the way Toronto has become a polyglot city of scores of ethnic groups, and if he has one worry about his fellow Iranian-Canadians, it’s that some neighborhoods are “almost mini-Tehran. We have our stores, our shops, our community center and we’re almost inhabiting this area with an exilic mindset, almost as though we’re going to go back someday.”
                      “There’s also a fear that getting involved politically would be too pushy,” he said, “and I’ve been saying to the Iranian community, we’ll only have a voice when we integrate economically, socially and politically.”
                      Despite those concerns, Mr. Ghomeshi believes Toronto has become a truly multicultural region.
                      “Most of the things I love about Toronto are a function of the diversity of the city,” he said. “I do believe we are products of those we interact with, and we will have an understanding if not a celebration of other folks from different parts of the world when we live beside them, and I really think that has been important. When I travel it’s something I miss. When I’m in certain places, I say, man, I miss a daily diet of diverse food, like eating Indian food on Monday, Greek food on Tuesday, Thai food on Wednesday, Persian food on Thursday, which is so normalized in Toronto.”
                      When Moxy Fruvous toured America in the 1990s, he was often struck by how separate blacks, whites and Hispanics were. “I remember being somewhere in the Midwest and remarking that I was noticing a lot of black people, and I thought, ’Why am I noticing that?’ and I realized it was because I wasn’t seeing anything else, where in Toronto you have this sort of Colors of Benetton.”
                      Curiously enough, he said, Toronto’s multiculturalism hasn’t transformed the arts scene, even if there are a few groups capitalizing on it, like the Indian banghra group, Punjabi by Nature, and the aboriginal electronica group, A Tribe Called Red. The arts, including rock music, are some of the most staid institutions in modern culture, he said.
                      In other areas, though, the change has been notable.
                      When Mr. Ghomeshi began working as a TV and radio host in the early 2000s, there was only one other brown-skinned TV anchor, a South Asian named Ian Hanomansing. “I met this woman at a party and she said, ‘Oh, I’m such a big fan of yours. Now I can go tell my friends I’ve met Ian Hanomansing.’ ”
                      Today, he said, “if you turn on the local Toronto 6 o’clock news, every station will be brown people, black people, Asian people.”
                      http://www.post-gazette.com/newimmig...s/201410200001

Comment

So he is a self-loathing Iranian and a dawgasaurus. Time will tell if he is guilty of sexual assault or if some of these relationships were a case of woman dropping baggy and getting more than they bargained for.

If the sex was consensual but they weren't into kinky sex but went along with it....in one case for 2 years....doesn't sound like sexual assault to me but then I wasn't there.

Comment

Toronto police launch investigation into Jian Ghomeshi allegations

Jian Ghomeshi showed CBC executives video that depicted him

Graphic videos were presented by Ghomeshi to his bosses late last week, sources say, days before he was fired.“CBC viewed scenarios where Jian Ghomeshi asks, for example, a woman to do something and she does it,” a source close to the matter told the Star. The source said Ghomeshi was trying to show “how bruising could happen and it could still be consensual.”

The Star has been told that Ghomeshi is in the videos.

According to sources, Ghomeshi was afraid that the story of his alleged activities was about to break and he was trying to convince the CBC that everything he had done in his sex life was consensual.

The Star does not know the identity of other people in the videos.

In a staff memo sent Friday afternoon, the CBC’s executive vice-president of English services, Heather Conway, confirmed that the CBC saw on Oct. 23 “for the first time, graphic evidence that Jian had caused physical injury to a woman.”

Conway’s memo says that after viewing the evidence, the CBC “determined that Jian’s conduct was a fundamental breach of CBC’s standard of acceptable conduct for any employee.”

Spokesman Chuck Thompson told the Star he couldn’t comment for legal reasons when asked if the CBC had considered going to police after the meeting.

The Q host was fired on Sunday afternoon by the CBC, his longtime employer. At the time, CBC said that information had come to its attention that “precluded” them continuing their association with the 47-year-old musician turned broadcaster.

In Ghomeshi’s Facebook posting later that Sunday night, he said he had been transparent with his employers over the previous months amid questions about his activities. The Toronto Star had presented questions to Ghomeshi in June and then again in September about alleged abuse of women as part of the newspaper’s investigation. As of Friday, nine women have been reported to have had issues of abuse or sexual harassment related to Ghomeshi.

Here’s what happened since April, according to the Star’s investigation.

On April 9, 2014, an anonymous Twitter posting from an account called @BigEarsTeddy began:

“Hi there Jian Ghomeshi. Remember louring me to ur house under false pretences? Bruises dont lie. Signed, every female Carleton U media grad,” states the post.

That put Ghomeshi on high alert, sources say. Ghomeshi spotted it almost as soon as it was posted. Sources of the Star, including some of his alleged victims, say Ghomeshi is intensely focused on his social media presence and frequently checks Twitter and Facebook to see if he is mentioned. He feared the worst — that someone would expose his alleged conduct.

Jian Ghomeshi situation: How the week unfolded

CBC was worried, too. Ghomeshi was their golden boy. His Q show, which he cocreated, was considered a “flagship show” by the public broadcaster. It attracted dozens of top guests, including Barbra Streisand, Neil Young, Al Gore, Salman Rushdie and many more. Actor-musician Billy Bob Thornton’s on-air dust-up with Ghomeshi brought the host increased fame and helped create what CBC people call his “star power.”

The crisis firm Navigator was hired by Ghomeshi. From the start, sources say, Ghomeshi said that the Twitter posting and other allegations he was aware of were the work of a jilted ex-girlfriend.

The April posting was noticed by Canadaland podcaster Jesse Brown, a media critic, who interviewed three women who were making allegations against Ghomeshi. Brown brought the story to the Star, seeking help in doing a full investigation. The Star began its investigation, working with Brown as a freelancer, and by June the Star sent the first of two letters to Ghomeshi, after first contacting him by telephone. The Star told him that it would like to talk to him in person but could also provide a letter of questions.

The first letter, dated June 24, began:

“The Toronto Star is investigating allegations from women who say that you have been physically and verbally abusive to them during sexual encounters. These are very serious allegations and we want to give you every opportunity to respond and give your side of the story. We are continuing to investigate. The women we have interviewed to date, from different parts of the country, tell similar stories. In brief, they say that you physically attack them, without consent.”

“The women allege that you strike them with a closed fist or open hand; choke them with your hands around their neck to the point that they almost pass out; cover their nose and mouth so that they have difficulty breathing; and that you verbally abuse them before, during, and after sex acts. The women have told us that they did not consent to this behaviour,” the Star wrote in the letter.

Ghomeshi lawyer Neil Rabinovitch responded the next day, saying that “Mr. Ghomeshi has been harassed by a former girlfriend for several months.” The lawyer said that the ex-girlfriend had “contacted other women friends and former partners of his in an effort to find support for her allegations.”

Rabinovitch said Ghomeshi does “not engage in non-consensual role play or sex and any suggestion of the contrary is defamatory, wrongly suggests criminal conduct by our client and is actionable.”

The Ghomeshi lawyer also said he had “reviewed email and text messages, as well as related material, between Mr. Ghomeshi and women he has had relationships with that will discredit the individuals we believe to be your sources and demonstrate the allegations that are now being made about our client are false.”

The Star went back to Rabinovitch and Ghomeshi, asking to see the information.

MORE ON THESTAR.COM

Ghomeshi dumped by agent

Author Reva Seth accuses Ghomeshi of assault

Eight women accuse former CBC host of violence, sexual abuse or harassment

Rabinovitch wrote back after receiving the Star’s second letter saying that due to privacy concerns, he could not share the material.

The Star continued its investigation and during a chance meeting with Ghomeshi in September posed more questions to the Q host. Ghomeshi responded that his lawyers had told the Star there was “no story” and he was surprised the Star was still asking questions.

The CBC and Navigator, along with Ghomeshi’s publicist of 12 years, Rock-it Promotions, was aware of the correspondence between the Star and Ghomeshi. Ghomeshi told the CBC and Navigator that in September the Star was still on the story, sources say.

“Ghomeshi had a complicated explanation for how these allegations had come forward and were not true,” a source said, referring to Ghomeshi’s now very public position that he was part of a bondage-dominance-sadism-masochism community and that what he did in his private life was nobody’s business. Ghomeshi’s explanation also focused on his contention that his ex-girlfriend had lied about their relationship and somehow found others who joined her in lies about him.

By early October, with Ghomeshi still doing his show five days a week, CBC and Navigator thought the storm had passed, sources say.

Two weeks ago, Brown said in his podcast that he was working on a “monster” story that would be “worse than embarrassing for certain parties.” Brown has told the Star that he was referring to a different story, and it had nothing to do with Ghomeshi. Sources connected to CBC and Navigator said they now understand this to be the case.
                          http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...g_sources.html

Comment

Verdict expected Thursday.

Comment

Jian Ghomeshi got off.....A judge has found former CBC Radio host Jian Ghomeshi not guilty of sex assault and choking charges.

Even though he is scum and a dawgasaurus of the highest order, it's the right verdict. What were these women thinking? They have set back the cause of sexual assault survivors by decades.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X