Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

If a Jamaican man said this, what would you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a Jamaican man said this, what would you think?

Now I love my afternoon tea and go out and enjoy it from time to time. I certainly don't serve it at home. (Though at school, in home economics we were taught how to do a tea service and set a tea table. Guess they thought some of us would have been domestic helpers ) I digress.

What if a Jamaican man said...

You are welcome to come to my house for lunch or afternoon tea any time you are in the area.
    That is before he knew you were into tea. What would you think:

- chi-chi man
    - pretentious
    - clown
    - all of the above

why do you say " I certainly don't serve it at home." ?

if somebody come to your house in between lunch and dinner why not serve them an afternoon tea?

what the man saying to you is him want to tek you for a coffee but him brought up betta dan jus offering to meet you at timmys so him a go show yuh his broughtupsy
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
      why do you say " I certainly don't serve it at home." ?

Much as I LOVE afternoon tea, don't you think it would be a tad pretentious to serve afternoon tea at home every day if you are not British?

if somebody come to your house in between lunch and dinner why not serve them an afternoon tea?

A couple of times when my Mom was visiting, I have picked up the sandwiches and scones a couple of times and served them at home mostly because I was picking up my son and after the long trip home he would not want to go out but stay in and relax.

Much as I love them. I would not see myself making tea sandwiches and baking scones every day.

what the man saying to you is him want to tek you for a coffee but him brought up betta dan jus offering to meet you at timmys so him a go show yuh his broughtupsy

First of all he didn't say it to me. He said it to another lady. He had offered to show his rare maps. A lady said she would like to see them. It was when you are in the area come over for lunch or afternoon tea. He wasn't inviting her on a date.

Come to think of it "Come over for lunch or afternoon tea and I will show you my rare maps.", that's quite the pick up line?
      Last edited by Tropicana; 05-09-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

BTW, are you still picking up your newspaper and coffee every day.

Comment

Okay what do you think of this Jamaican man?

Jamaican Man #2

Okay what do you think of this Jamaican man?

Broadcasts the fact that his family has owned a plantation for over 300 years, he went to private school in Jamaica and the UK, he is descended from well known Kings and Queens of England and France and the Emperor Charlemagne.

Sound either a tad confused or like trying too hard to impress. Either way he is another one who needs to "get over himself".

What do you say?
          Last edited by Tropicana; 05-09-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Yes him would sey dat, minus di afternoon tea part.
            JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Comment

"Come to my place to inspect my maps......".

What about the one with peerage and the other one with the royal family connections. Who are these clowns trying to impress.

I realize I missed one option

What would you think:

- chi-chi man
              - pretentious
              - clown
              - trying to pick up chicks
              - all of the above
              - other (please specify) _______

Has anyone else encountered clowns like this or is this reserved for Tropiuniverse.

Reminds me of a White Canadian guy I knew (supposedly a Christian) who would invite women to his house to see plans for his "dream house" that he planned to custom build and share with his wife. He had a lot of success with that one.

Nuff women did allow feel ups and
              when they would about the chance to share THAT dream house with him. He didn't have a penny to bless himself with but it was a very effective approach with women.

Last edited by Tropicana; 05-07-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Di ongle ting mi woud tink is di poor bloke bin ah Englan too lang, an noh realize yet whe him deh.
                JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post
                  Now I love my afternoon tea and go out and enjoy it from time to time. I certainly don't serve it at home. (Though at school, in home economics we were taught how to do a tea service and set a tea table. Guess they thought some of us would have been domestic helpers ) I digress.

What if a Jamaican man said...

That is before he knew you were into tea. What would you think:

- chi-chi man
                  - pretentious
                  - clown
                  - all of the above
                  Chi chi man

Comment

Jamaican man #3

Anyway these fellows strike me as pretentious as hell along with one, another Jamaican, who asked me if I had peerage..... and then told me about his royal connections.

These clowns need to get over themselves as the young people would say.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X