Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

wife material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife material

mi notice nebody weh "marriage crazy" cyan seem to find no baddy fi marrid dem. really wat is the deal. is like dem curse to neck back.

mi notice all di girls mi know who after 3 months dem stawt pick out dem frack cyan seem to keep a BF...i dont get it. they are nice girls but they keep getting dumped time and time again...and always by "the one".

an everytime dem start a new relationship u want to say "ahe man slow dung tek it easy. ketch di fish fuss before u scale him".

one a mi fren a turn 30 next month ( yes 30 still young but try telling dat to her). i think she gwine have a nervous break dung if she no find smaddy in di next 4 weeks a mutual friend of ours who is younger got engaged on news years and even doe she is happy for our friend, maddam 30 yr old keep going on and on about how everybody yonger dan she a marrid an a have dem family and she is never gonna get married and bla bla bla the sky is falling down.

i dont know wat to say to comfort har at all. atleast 5 times per year she find mr right and him always turn out to be "commitment fobic" as she put it. seeing as how i fall into the category of being younger dan her and marrid etc, i dont tink she pay mi no mind wen mi tell har say its not the end of the world... and she need fi tek it easy. and i know if half di times she woulda listen to mi she wouldnt scare off the man dem or waste time pan ediat man...if she listen to me and tap flighty up harself and act frighten frighten sheeda probably marrid by now but she is just one a dem kinda girl deh...i know mi a stawt repeat miself now

has ne of u ladies gone thru this 30 and not marrid crisis....how did u get thru it....how did ur friends support u thru this? i personally dont think its a "crisis" but i do understand that feeling of wanting ur husand and di two kids and di house wid di white picket fence....how soon that feeling fade after u have it and dem stawt get pan ur nerves i was never a marriage crazy or even boy friend crazy kinda person but maybe if i was 30 and single i would probable be feeling some of what she is feeling
    Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Re: wife material

it fade when u tired and frass and pickney a pull yuh hair and u want to call them mother fi come fi them pickney then yuh realise u are the mother

Comment

well i think i woulda start to feel a way if my biological clock was ticking and me reach 30 with no mr right now on the horizon.
      “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

I never felt pressed about getting married, but I was married well before 30. I think sometimes it's difficult to remember how you truly felt about everything at a younger age, but I think it's safe to say I might have started to spazz out if I had turned 30 without so much as a prospect.

Her desparate vibe is making it worse though, and I guess that's what has to be fixed if she's going to get what she wants. I never thought I'd make this recommendation in a million years, but maybe that Steve Harvey book can at least help her begin to mask the desparation and not fall in love every 5 minutes. I have not read it, but it does appear that's the premise of the book.

It's hard to console someone who is not getting something they really want. It's almost impossible to convince them not to sweat it because it will come.

I think you may have some success with telling her to focus on developing herself and interests more as a way of making herself more marketable as a mate. That way you'd be helping her to diversify activity instead of having the 24/7 obsession with finding a husband. (Then at least in a couple of years if she can't find a man, she at least would be able to buy one. Just kidding a little.)

Other than that, maybe she can open herself up to a wider pool of men. Those ones approaching their 40s and beyond who avoided settling down before tend to be very open to getting with a nice, young tenderoni 30. Plus, they tend to be much more established and secure so she can avoid "the struggling years" altogether.

Now, a word on "be careful what you ask for". Suffice it to say I'm divorced and probably would be wearing an orange jumpsuit and some flipflops if I had stayed in my marriage another minute. Well, to be fair, i was about a week away from killing him lol.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Desperation like this prospects see a mile away..............she better be careful cause she might get one that will wine and dine her and marry her then hell and powder house.
          http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oosterltor.gif~R.I.P my beloved friend "Ricky B".12/29/09.~

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: applepie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Desperation like this prospects see a mile away</div></div>
            When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

would she marry herself?
              If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
              We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would she marry herself? </div></div>

i worked with this woman who bought herself a 1 carat diamond. her reasoning was, and i respect her for it. no man is buying me one, i want one and i can afford one. now not to be mean, but this lady knew her limitations. i thought her attitude was a healthy one.

annoh everybaddy bawn fi [fill in the blank]. sometimes it's just not in the cards. why frustrate yourself over something you have no control over.
                When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

Di quickest way fi get a man fi run weh is fi stawt talk bout marriage after 3 months.

Desperation is not sexy.
                  sigpichttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ub_Jamaica.png

Comment

I should do a post on men who as they meet you want to get married.....
                    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Comment

Hi Stormmey ! Doing anything this weekend ?
                      sigpichttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ub_Jamaica.png

Comment

Ah true true. Now I am an empty nester and loving it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twiney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it fade when u tired and frass and pickney a pull yuh hair and u want to call them mother fi come fi them pickney then yuh realise u are the mother </div></div>
                        I Love living life to the fullest. Life is to short, make the most of it. Praise Jah is #1 everyday :~)

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X