Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

She is Suing Match.com for.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is Suing Match.com for.....

...not telling her that her date was a convicted sex offender.

...so who in their right mind goes on a <span style="font-weight: bold">second</span> date with someone without checking them out first. In fact, does anyone with half a brain go on a FIRST date with someone you met on line without at least checking the sex offender database and court records YOURSELF ! ? Not to mention if they work where they say they work etc. etc. ???

---------------------------------------------------------------

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woman Suing Match.com Speaks Out About Alleged Assault
    Apr 19, 2011 – 3:42 PM

----

Mara Gay Contributor

The California woman who is suing Match.com, saying she was assaulted on a date arranged through the online dating site, spoke out today about the company's recent decision to screen its members against a sex offender database.

Carole Markin, a Los Angeles TV executive and author, filed the suit anonymously but came forward today and revealed her identity. She said she would wait to see whether the dating site actually implemented changes before deciding whether to drop the suit.

&quot;I'm happy that they heard my message,&quot; she said in an interview with AOL News today. &quot;But I'm cautiously optimistic. They're a big company, so we're waiting to see what will happen.&quot;

Markin is not seeking any financial damages in the suit. Her Match.com date had been convicted of sexual assault before, something Markin said the site should have screened for.

Match.com will begin checking its members against the National Sex Offender Registry since &quot;improved technology and an improved database now enables a sufficient degree of accuracy to move forward&quot; after showing a &quot;historical unreliability,&quot; Match.com President Mandy Ginsberg said in a statement this week cited by CNN.

Markin said she chose to go public today to encourage other victims of sexual assault to come forward. &quot;I want 'Jane Does' and 'Joe Blows' who may not have had the courage to speak out to feel they can come forward and be inspired. And I want justice in my criminal case.&quot;

Markin said she and Alan Wurtzel were on their second date in May when they left a sushi restaurant for Markin's home, where she says he forced her into a &quot;sexually compromising position&quot; and assaulted her.

Wurtzel has been charged with two counts of felony sexual assault, according to the Los Angeles Times. The newspaper also reported that the Los Angeles Police Department is looking for other potential victims.

However, his attorney, Sharon Morris, told AOL News that the sexual act with Markin &quot;was a consensual ... experience between two adults.&quot; She noted that Markin is the author of two books about dating, &quot;Bad Dates: Celebrities (And Other Talented Types Reveal Their Worst Night Out)&quot; and &quot;More Bad Dates: And Other Tales From the Dark Side of Love.&quot;

&quot;This is a woman who has written two books about dating, and we're wondering whether or not she's using this for new material for a new book,&quot; Morris said.

Markin called those accusations &quot;ridiculous&quot; and said she had no plans to write more books on the subject.

© 2011 All Rights Reserved AOL News.</div></div>
    sigpichttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ub_Jamaica.png

Re: She is Suing Match.com for.....

That case will be tossed in the rubbish heap. Shi mussi noh know bout di one millian an wan disclaimer weh shi &quot;sign&quot; fi bi a part of match.com. Dem cova dem behine pan dat lang time.

And the date was not &quot;arranged&quot; by match.com... she did all the arranging herself. The site assumes that supposedly responsible adults know how fi tek care a demself
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

RC mi a ave a gf who is a serial online dater an she NEVER ck dem out. i dont even think the thought occur to har say dese ppl could be someone other dan they claim. mi see she pick up harself fly go all d way a cali go out wid man she only know by pic an voice. they hadnt even video chat weh she coulda say yes dat face belong to dat voice. and i dont tink she is alone. despite all u hear dem a say be careful ppl still nah tek heed.
      Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

And which eediat invite man to dem yard pan second date ? I hope when dem throw it out di judge order her fi pay match.com legal fees eediat

is like people now a days nuh know what name common sense \o/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R_C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...not telling her that her date was a convicted sex offender.

...so who in their right mind goes on a <span style="font-weight: bold">second</span> date with someone without checking them out first. In fact, does anyone with half a brain go on a FIRST date with someone you met on line without at least checking the sex offender database and court records YOURSELF ! ? Not to mention if they work where they say they work etc. etc. ???

---------------------------------------------------------------

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woman Suing Match.com Speaks Out About Alleged Assault
        Apr 19, 2011 – 3:42 PM

----

Mara Gay Contributor

The California woman who is suing Match.com, saying she was assaulted on a date arranged through the online dating site, spoke out today about the company's recent decision to screen its members against a sex offender database.

Carole Markin, a Los Angeles TV executive and author, filed the suit anonymously but came forward today and revealed her identity. She said she would wait to see whether the dating site actually implemented changes before deciding whether to drop the suit.

&quot;I'm happy that they heard my message,&quot; she said in an interview with AOL News today. &quot;But I'm cautiously optimistic. They're a big company, so we're waiting to see what will happen.&quot;

Markin is not seeking any financial damages in the suit. Her Match.com date had been convicted of sexual assault before, something Markin said the site should have screened for.

Match.com will begin checking its members against the National Sex Offender Registry since &quot;improved technology and an improved database now enables a sufficient degree of accuracy to move forward&quot; after showing a &quot;historical unreliability,&quot; Match.com President Mandy Ginsberg said in a statement this week cited by CNN.

Markin said she chose to go public today to encourage other victims of sexual assault to come forward. &quot;I want 'Jane Does' and 'Joe Blows' who may not have had the courage to speak out to feel they can come forward and be inspired. And I want justice in my criminal case.&quot;

Markin said she and Alan Wurtzel were on their second date in May when they left a sushi restaurant for Markin's home, where she says he forced her into a &quot;sexually compromising position&quot; and assaulted her.

Wurtzel has been charged with two counts of felony sexual assault, according to the Los Angeles Times. The newspaper also reported that the Los Angeles Police Department is looking for other potential victims.

However, his attorney, Sharon Morris, told AOL News that the sexual act with Markin &quot;was a consensual ... experience between two adults.&quot; She noted that Markin is the author of two books about dating, &quot;Bad Dates: Celebrities (And Other Talented Types Reveal Their Worst Night Out)&quot; and &quot;More Bad Dates: And Other Tales From the Dark Side of Love.&quot;

&quot;This is a woman who has written two books about dating, and we're wondering whether or not she's using this for new material for a new book,&quot; Morris said.

Markin called those accusations &quot;ridiculous&quot; and said she had no plans to write more books on the subject.

© 2011 All Rights Reserved AOL News.</div></div> </div></div>
        “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Common Sense is not so common!
          &quot;When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
          V.Frank

Comment

By the way, mi not saying she deserve to be assaulted, mi saying that the lawsuit should be dismissed.

Comment

Well. One time mi did tek chance an date one mad ooman weh mi meet pon MDC. So anyway, afta wi chat an exchange a couple e-mail, mi did get a general idea of weh shi work and her job description an ting, put two and two together with the profile an mi fine har. So afta mi check har out, wi gree fi meet fi dinner...separate cars....So si mi jump outta mi car fi meet mi date an si di gyal a back up behine mi cyar an a tek a pickcha a di license plate. So mi seh, &quot;gyal a weh yuh a duh ?&quot; Hear har..&quot;I am e-mailing a picture of your tag to my friend so if they don't hear from me by a certain time they are to put your information on blast.&quot;

Now she had issues ( ) that were quite evident on that first date ..starting with the fact that she used a picture of Gabrielle Union as her own on her profile...but as mad as she was, at least she had common sense.

Comment

She must've had some bad experiences and I would be a bit flipped out by such an action. You did good fi drop har hawse...

So how did you found match dot com?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R_C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well. One time mi did tek chance an date one mad ooman weh mi meet pon MDC. So anyway, afta wi chat an exchange a couple e-mail, mi did get a general idea of weh shi work and her job description an ting, put two and two together with the profile an mi fine har. So afta mi check har out, wi gree fi meet fi dinner...separate cars....So si mi jump outta mi car fi meet mi date an si di gyal a back up behine mi cyar an a tek a pickcha a di license plate. So mi seh, &quot;gyal a weh yuh a duh ?&quot; Hear har..&quot;I am e-mailing a picture of your tag to my friend so if they don't hear from me by a certain time they are to put your information on blast.&quot;

Now she had issues ( ) that were quite evident on that first date ..starting with the fact that she used a picture of Gabrielle Union as her own on her profile...but as mad as she was, at least she had common sense. </div></div>

Comment

Heck yeah mi would tek pictcha a yuh plate too

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck yeah mi would tek pictcha a yuh plate too

</div></div>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SandiF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She must've had some bad experiences and I would be a bit flipped out by such an action. You did good fi drop har hawse...

So how did you find match dot com? </div></div>

Mi fraid a it now.

Comment

I guess the first thing I'm thinking is that how would Match.com know who the man was in the first place? Could I not go on their site right now and make up a completely bogus name and profile? If the site charges money, I can't just go buy one of those greendotcom credit cards?

She didn't sign up for a dating services (if any are still in business) where you background check the person and you watch videos of them.
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R_C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                          Mi fraid a it now. </div></div>

I have not used an online dating site in ages but I did use to frequent AOL Love and Yahoo and another one that I forget the name of now. It started out fine and everyone was pretty much who they said they were, but bare lies got out of hand later.

It's really no different than dating any other stranger. You take the same precautions. It may seem like you're closer to the person or no more about them because you've probably chatted what appears to be openly before meeting, but you have to treat them like any other new person in your life.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I do have a question now. How do you meet the people that you date? Once you've met face to face, do you know any more about them than a person you have met online?

My worst experiences have been with men who family or friends tried to hook me up with. Work dating is even worse. Those tend to be messy disasters.

Comment

who needs match.com when you have POF where you can hook up with a sluut and get a BJ on the first date...then toss her away like yesterdays newspaper
                              Im not in denial, I just refuse to see your reality...

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X