Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Lupita Nyong’o - It's about time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupita Nyong’o - It's about time

People Magazine Names Lupita Nyong’o ‘Most Beautiful’ For 2014

She may have won an Oscar for her role as the slave Patsey in Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave and recently landed a contract with Lancome Paris, but Lupita Nyong’o “never dreamed” she would be touted as “Most Beautiful” for all the world to see.“It was exciting and just a major, major compliment,” the 31-year-old says of gracing this year’s cover. And especially, “I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.”
    Born in Mexico and raised in Kenya, Nyong’o first equated beauty with what she saw on television: “Light skin and long, flowing, straight hair,” she says. “Subconsciously you start to appreciate those things more than what you possess.” Her mother, Dorothy, who is the managing director and head of PR for the Africa Cancer Foundation, “always said I was beautiful,” Nyong’o adds. “And I finally believed her at some point.”
    As a teen, Nyong’o dyed her hair every color – except blonde – and even went as far as shaving her head bald. “It was very strange and very cold!” she says, laughing. “It was scary but I like to dare myself.”
    Now she says the best compliments are “when I have been called beautiful with not one drop of makeup on,” she adds. “And also before I comb my hair or put on a pretty dress. Happiness is the most important thing.”
    http://www.chfi.com/2014/04/23/peopl...tiful-for-2014

wandar iff da rumour dat shi iss a mzungu playting iss troo
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

Lupita Nyong'o has been creating quite a bit of Twitter buzz recently.The "12 Years A Slave" star is featured on the cover of People this week as she's named the world's most beautiful woman.

The 31-year-old actress stated, "It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen."

The Los Angeles Times reports that Lupita Nyong' o was born in Mexico City to Kenyan parents and was raised in Nairobi since she was 1. Nyong' o embraces both cultures, stating that she's "Mexican and Kenyan at the same time."

The stunning actress graduated from Yale School of Drama and was recognized for her unforgettable performance in Steve McQueen's historical drama.

She ultimately won Best Supporting Actress at the SAG Awards, Spirit Awards and the Oscars.

As her career skyrockets, the beautiful Lupita Nyong'o has had to shut down boyfriend rumors left and right.

She was linked to actor Jared Leto, causing the singer to address the rumors during an Awards ceremony.

It was then reported that rapper K'naan was her boyfriend after the pair were photographed together.

Lupita Nyong'o, as elegant as she is, decided not to address any boyfriend rumors when asked about her love life by USA Today's Elysa Garder back in February.

The actress playfully stated, "I plead the Fifth!"

Nyong'o has been gaining quite a bit of attention on Twitter and other social media outlets for her flawless red-carpet looks as well as her inspiring speeches.

After her performance in "12 Years A Slave," Lupita showcased her acting skills once again alongside Liam Neeson in "Non-Stop."

There have been reports that she met with "Star Wars: Episode VII" director J.J. Abrams to possibly discuss a role in the film.
      http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...-boyfriend.htm

Comment

apparently she is dating a canadian rapper (ethiopian dude )

Originally posted by blugiant View Post
        wandar iff da rumour dat shi iss a mzungu playting iss troo
        “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Originally posted by Gen View Post
          apparently she is dating a canadian rapper (ethiopian dude )
          Isnt it a somali dude? K'naan?
          Strive not with a man without a cause, if he has done you no harm, let bygones be bygones - BUJU.

Comment

right i think he is somali

reading way too many articles during the day suh mi mix him up
            “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

k'naan and his exwife

When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

her pencil in eyebrows doan look bad.

i should go back to Mac counter and find out how to do it properly ...altho i hear is Bobby Brown cosmetics a carry the swing now
                “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

It's about time

so you need validation from babylon publication in order to feel special eh

Comment

Originally posted by jah_yout View Post

so you need validation from babylon publication in order to feel special eh
                    imagine a blakk ooman played a slave den shi winn oyinbo award den oyinbo vote ar da moas beautiful ooman inn da wurld ann blakk peeps celebratinn dan as major accomplishment
                    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
                    Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

What is wrong with a Black woman achieving mainstream success? Was slavery a part of our history? What is wrong with telling a story that is not your standard plot and exposing more about our history? What is wrong with a Black woman playing a slave in a really meaty dramatic role? Do you feel dark skinned women should get Academy Awards for playing maids?

Why can't you just be happy for Lupita Nyong’o? Finally a dark skinned woman with NATURAL HAIR wins an Oscar and gets recognized as beauty. Why do you have a problem with that?

There is no pleasing some a onoo You weren't happy with any of the black Miss Worlds or Miss Universes because they had weaves. I detest weaves but they would not have been selected without the weaves. Even the White women have weaves in those pageants. Do I support it? Of course not but that is what it takes to win. Criticize the pageant organizers and judges not the women.

How come you never said anything when Halle Berry got an academy award for playing a whore and then got selected as most beautiful woman....

...or Beyonce with her blonde self got it for basically parading around in skimpy clothing and shaking her batty. Grant you she can act a little.

For once we have a BLACK woman and not some light skinned chick get recognition and onoo still not happy. Do you feel only white and light skinned women should get praise.

Whether you like it or not, what the mainstream deems to be attractive does have an impact on young people. It has an impact on the self-esteem of Black girls and young ladies and it definitely has an impact on who men perceive as "datable" and marriage material. So this is a good thing.

Don't mek me ave fe call onoo now.

Comment

Originally posted by blugiant View Post
                        imagine a blakk ooman played a slave den shi winn oyinbo award den oyinbo vote ar da moas beautiful ooman inn da wurld ann blakk peeps celebratinn dan as major accomplishment
                        the tricknology is extremely pathological...

mental slavery ting a gwaan...
                        i man haffi bun out dem weakout conception...fire fi dat straight

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana
                          What is wrong with a Black woman achieving mainstream success? Was slavery a part of our history? What is wrong with telling a story that is not your standard plot and exposing more about our history? What is wrong with a Black woman playing a slave in a really meaty dramatic role? Do you feel dark skinned women should get Academy Awards for playing maids?
                          you're all over the place...
                          nor do i expect you to see it my way----irreconcilable differences here

if you enjoy being celebrated by babylon for playing maids, whores and slaves to the exclusion of all else then go on enjoying their gossip rags and hollyweird movies----so they can tell you what to think and when...or if you're beautiful or not...

Comment

aye sah nuttin nuh change at all yasuh

Comment

not hating or neting but mi know mi prettier dan lupita and all dem odda ppl weh mi see ppl a crazy ova
                              Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X