Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Dominican Hairdressers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dominican Hairdressers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: una nina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] :tonguestickingout:

I think I'm gonna go check them out though, cause I saw a woman in there doing hair and her hair was wild like mine...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] </div></div>

umm...then maybe that's not a recommendation? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

...well maybe she knows how to straighten it out...my problem is that if I don't perm it super straight, the humidity makes any curl in my hair fall and it puffs up and if it is flat-ironed, it just puffs up...i'd like to try to wear it straight before i just give in to it and lock, twist or braid it...i haven't had truly straight hair since i moved down here (6 yrs). [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LadyZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DRs luv blow dry out mi curls den tun roun waan bump ie wid curling iron [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

De haitian dem gwaan good inna mi hair an the price is right [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] </div></div>

...can they do it without any hair oil? That is sure to make my hair flat and oily-looking...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: una nina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: una nina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] :tonguestickingout:

I think I'm gonna go check them out though, cause I saw a woman in there doing hair and her hair was wild like mine...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] </div></div>

umm...then maybe that's not a recommendation? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

...well maybe she knows how to straighten it out...my problem is that if I don't perm it super straight, the humidity makes any curl in my hair fall and it puffs up and if it is flat-ironed, it just puffs up...i'd like to try to wear it straight before i just give in to it and lock, twist or braid it...i haven't had truly straight hair since i moved down here (6 yrs). [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

texturizing would probably work best with the humidity down there [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]
        “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: una nina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LadyZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DRs luv blow dry out mi curls den tun roun waan bump ie wid curling iron [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

De haitian dem gwaan good inna mi hair an the price is right [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] </div></div>

...can they do it without any hair oil? That is sure to make my hair flat and oily-looking...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] </div></div>yup...dem will ask beforehan if yuh want grease or not. u can also bring yuh own moisturizer as well..only ting is dem deh a likkle haiti but well worth the drive [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
          http://dv.daisypath.com/Vm68m5/.png

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Comment

que?

Comment

...es posible...pero no se de donde esta Haiti Pequeño...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B_P</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] Yuh haffi support di J'can hairdressa dem too enoh. </div></div>

the dominicans took over the hair biz...
                  i guess they have the secret because they damn sure don't want to be caught dead with nappy hair...oh the horror! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: una nina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...es posible...pero no se de donde esta Haiti Pequeño... </div></div>Likkle haiti inna miami.

tek 95 to 79/81st street exit..head east, mek right on 2nd ave an bam...

Comment

CB - I find Lilly's in Norcross kinda ok, but in Tucker, when it comes to a perm I use Classy Impressions on Tucker Norcross Road, girl my hair aint been permed like dat since mi leff yaad, I always try Janet.

PM mi if u want the info, I also tried this place a few weeks a back in Lilburn but wasn't impressed, they washed my hair so much that it was tangled and that is a no no for me. I will give them one more try but they have another store in Doraville on Buford H'way that I will go to if that is no better then oh well. Mi will mek the trek to Classy Impressions a/k/a Orquida's
                      Friends don't let friends sleep alone
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuaX2xpAce0&amp;NR=1

Comment

Thanks MarieK...[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
                        “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

Kia I went to the beauty school

$17 fi wash,and style

$6 fi eyebrow wax

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

mi tiefing hairdresser naw see me again [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img]
                          “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

ie mussi come out nice [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

dat is bout de same as de dominicans up yah so.. except dem noh do yeyebrow wax so mi go a de handshal, footshal place fi dat
                            If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                            We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X