Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Lenten Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenten Fast

I plan to do one this year, following the one i did successfully about 5 years ago - 2 snacks and 1 meal per day except on Sundays.

My goal is physical and spiritual renewal.

Anyone else have any plans to mark Lent?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Re: Lenten Fast

I give up meat...except fish..and di occassional chicken

but no more bully beef

<span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

when is lent?

Comment

starts this (Ash) Wednedsay, Feb. 25 and ends Good Friday, April 10.

Comment

wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder....

Comment

mi dis realize seh mi gwine be a yawd dem time deh...lawd ow mi a go manage widout di jerk trentan
            <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder.... </div></div>

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up.
              Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up. </div></div>

I gave up beer 2 years ago, permanently

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself

Comment

why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up. </div></div>

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself </div></div>

me think u did do this already
                      “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                        Originally posted by Diabolical_Tanya
                        wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself </div></div>

me think u did do this already
                        that was for a week or two

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing </div></div>
                          feh. you've been brainwashed by the wine lobby. or is it the hard spirits lobby?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

Here in texas dem love Dos Equis XX I guess its closer to a Corona cause they serve it with lime? Work love to have lots of happy hours and they order pitchers of the stuff. I drink red stripe and Michelob ultra. For a dark beer I drink Killians and Negra Modelo...see why I giving up beer?

How dis poor Lenten thread turn into a beer thread? Father forgive us.......
                            Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing </div></div>
                              feh. you've been brainwashed by the wine lobby. or is it the hard spirits lobby?
                              </div></div>

both but man the hard spirts did a good ad campaign directed at the calorie counters

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X