Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Jamaican Dog Sled Team

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SistahD
    replied
    Re: Iditarod! Rootin For Newton!

.... and Robb finished FIRST again!!!

He's on his way home today with two wins under his belt!

Watch out for the team next season!!

Jermain had a great season, and Robb as well... come on NEWTON!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

Robb and Ken were racing at Snowflake International in Duluth this morning and I was so excited to be there and visit with them and catch the races.

Today was Robb's last day of racing this year, and on Tuesday he will be Jamaica bound.

It was such a pleasure...

Robbs trainer, Ken Davis from Minnesota had a very good weekend as well, finishing in 4th place.

I have more photos to share, it's crazy for a minute trying to catch up between the Sprint races today and now with the Iditarod start for Newton!

The official Newton Iditarod thread is in the Sports section for now, until after the race...

Iditarod ROOTIN FOR NEWTON thread!

In the next couple of days I hope to post the rest of the photos I took today of Robb and the dogs at Snowflake!

One MUSH....by the way, I nabbed my copy of the book today AND....Robb autographed it for me on the spot! I will cherish it always!

Thanks guys, it was a blast, Robb, you are AMAZING!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

I started an official Rootin for Newton thread in the Sports forum for the duration of the race. You can catch the happenings there for the time being! We'll move it here at a later date but for now....

The Official Rootin for Newton thread

Come wish THE MAN a safe journey and cheer him on!!!

cause we are all...

<span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">
    ROOTIN FOR NEWTON!!!</span></span>

Good luck Newton, safe travels and may the wind be always at your back...

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    Re: Rob and Ken are in Duluth this weekend!

I'll be seeing them at Snowflake International on Sunday! Stay tuned for pics....

Good luck tomorrow and Sunday Robb &amp; Ken! See you there...

(Oh PS, I have a copy of the book waiting for me when i get there too!)

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    Re: Iditarod Starts Tomorrow! Rootin For Newton!

Tomorrow is the start of the 2011 Iditarod &amp; Newton and Lance are in Anchorage ready for the challenge.

Newton will be #6 out of the chute!

The Last Great Race on Earth....Good luck to you both!

Stay tuned..

Official re-start on Sunday that's when the real fun begins!

I just renewed my Insider subscription with GPS tracking so I will be able to watch the Musher's dots move across the Alaska map, and video from on the trail, which will make it easier to report any news.

They also have free coverage and some video too, at the Iditarod website:

Iditarod Official Website

Leave a comment:

• SistahD
    replied
    Re: WOO HOOO! 1st Place again today!

Must have something to do with that clean crisp Canadian air!!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

Pic from Robbs Facebook page..

Way to go guys!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

Congrats Robb!!! !st place in the 6 dog race!

CONGRATS Ken Davis, 1st place 4 dog race!

Whoo hoo great weekend of racing after they ran today, Robb was able to keep first place in the 6 dog and Ken was able to keep first in the 4 dog.

see it and like it here...

One mush.

Leave a comment:

• SistahD
    replied
    Re: CONGRATS ROBB (&amp; trainer Ken)

Awesome news Nan... Imagine there will be some celebrating at their camp tonight - FIRST TIME FOR A FIRST PLACE for the team!!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    Re: CONGRATS ROBB (&amp; trainer Ken)

From the Jamaica Dogsled Team official site on facebook now now...hot off the press!

Robb &amp; Ken are on fire at Kearney!!! Robb placed 1st in the 6 dog race &amp; Ken took home 1st place in the 4 dog race... will post photos as soon as we can.. Mush Mon!

JDT Facebook

Image from the FB page:

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    Re: Cool Mushings-the movie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SistahD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a lot of the emotion we feel for Newton and the team is because we have been following their journey almost since the beginning. They are amazing!

</div></div>

You are probably right about this...I am so looking forward to the movie!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied
    Re: Damian places FIRST! TWICE!

Congrats Robb!!! Way to to!

Leave a comment:

• SistahD
    replied
    Damian places FIRST! TWICE!

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Damian Robb has finished FIRST in BOTH classes (6 and 4 dog pull) at the Marmora Sno-fest. In the 6 dog pull, after racing 2 days, he is a total of 2.5 minutes ahead of the second place team!!! Rootin' for Robb!
    </span>

Leave a comment:

• SistahD
    replied

I think a lot of the emotion we feel for Newton and the team is because we have been following their journey almost since the beginning. They are amazing!

Have to say though, although I think Jermain may only be around for a few years, I think he is looking for bigger things in his future, but I feel he has a different kind of drive which could put him way out in front next season.

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

Is OK Jazz, I had a good cry too. Newton is one extraordinary human being. The part where Lance told him &quot;It was all YOU, it was all you&quot;...I just lost it. Lance is another extraordinary man, and the two of them are amazing together! What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall sometimes!

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X