Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ok since we confessing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ok since we confessing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tuff Gong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tuff Gong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Originally posted by Wahalla
    I canfess I neva tasted Kentucky when mi liva Jamaica... </div></div>...LOL neither me! </div></div>

bob did!!!There is a story that when bob went to trinidad he went to a kentuky... The rases inb TT kicked up a fus.. bob comment was &quot;lion dont eat grass&quot; </div></div>I remember the incident, that is why Peter worte Mystic Man:

I'm a Mystic Man
    I'm just a Mystic Man

I man don't
    I don't drink no champagne
    No I don't
    And I man don't
    I don't sniff them cocaine
    Choke brain

I man don't
    No I don't
    Don't take a morphine
    Dangerous

I man don't
    I don't take no heroin
    No no no

(CHORUS)
    'Cause I'm a man of the past
    And I'm livin' in the present
    And I'm walking in the future
    Stepping in the future
    Man of the past
    And I'm livin' the present
    And I'm walking in the future

I'm just a mystic man
    Got to be a mystic man

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">I man don't
    Eat up your fried chicken
    Not lickin'</span>

I man don't
    Eat up them frankfurters
    Garbage

I man donít
    Eat down the hamburger
    canít do that
    I man donít
    Drink pink, blue, yellow, green soda
    (CHORUS)

Just a mystic man
    Got to be a mystic man

I man don't
    No I don't
    Play fools' games on Saturday

And I man don't
    No I don't
    Congregate on a Sunday

Such a mystic man
    Just a mystic man

(CHORUS)

Just a mystic man
    Got to be a mystic man

never knew that...
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> never knew that... </div></div>yep that was one of his throw wud tune!
      <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
      - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lady I suggest you dont use the term fiya bun wid mi.. I consider it a threat...</div></div>

When have I ever pon you. I was pon Tiger Woods.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
        I cant deny I am not black because I am not...I have been told repeatedly by Jamaicans so Taino.. why cant u accept it ???? ... Since yu dont know me you cannot judge apart from your simple projections.... </div></div>

We discussed this before. Unless your family came from another island, there is no way that you would be Jamaican for numerous generations and 100% Taino. It's just not possible. You didn't answer my question about he Spanish census the other day. Mek me find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Taino women knew the right combination of bullfrag spawn, fustic and belladona that pervent pregancy....It would also be more interesting that so many tell me their fathers, granfatehrs, auties cousins are white or near white, neva chat bad and have good hair... </div></div>

I think I understood that...the notion of good hair does not compute with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Then the rule applies the other way it is a reflective process. If it is based on DNA, if it is based on the mass of culture then that would make most in Kanada white... .. one drap makes yu white ..... if it is is based on dominance of paternal DNA ...If Tiger claimed to be Asian then it would be more realistic as his fatehr had white, native american blood..

I find it nonsensical that Tiger should be branded as such to deny his a parents culture.. Tiger merely acknowledged the mixture of his ethnicity..... </div></div>

Tiger is a sellout. He refuses to see himself as Black.

you are facinated by germans, chinese

... Peter pronouncement is about being black.. Being Jamaican does not equate to being black except in a few peoples minds... yu seem unable to gasp this minor fact... </div></div>

Oh I grasp it however the MAJORITY of Jamaicans are Black.

A story so yu under stand something a long time ago a man told us that &quot;fiya bun&quot;nd threw a moltov into our home..lets say I ate his heart.. mi hear im dead ah bawl laka hag....

</div></div>

Again I nevah did pon you. Never have and never will.

Comment

I found it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not sure if this is still in print but you can definitely find it at some university libraries. You can find some Jamaican census data during the Spanish era in:

<span style="font-weight: bold">F. Cundall and J.S. Pietersz Jamaica Under the Spaniards, abstracted from the archives of Seville 1919</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">As an aside, the July 1611 census data collected by the Spanish lists the total number of Taino in Jamaica as 74. I am SURE Wahalla will dispute this. We can conclude that the others were either invisible or hiding in the mountains. Sorry couldn't resist. That's why I have questionned Wahalla's ascertian that <span style="font-weight: bold">pure </span> Taino survived into the modern area.</span>

</div></div>

Comment

the census was wrong.....<span style="font-weight: bold">The primary sources were at best inaccurate at worst they were an attempt to fulfill poltical expidience of the time....</span>...... <span style="font-weight: bold">DYOR</span> y
            So by the one drap rule.. Tropi is a white Kanadian....

<span style="font-weight: bold">We discussed this before. Unless your family came from another island, there is no way that you would be Jamaican for numerous generations and 100% Taino. It's just not possible. </span>

And when we discussed it I told you you were wrong... and again I am Taino....this is projection based on an inaccurate set ah data... <span style="font-weight: bold">it is possible, credible fact</span>.. why are you trying to fit me into your definitions...????? Black Jamaicans tell me I am not black... Because it does not fit into your narrow set of information you cannot accept this....

The only way it seems you will be convinced is if you find a website that says so..

Because it is accepted it does not nesssarily become true..
            my fine white Kanadian... The one drop rule is as ridiculous as Malcolm X's house and feild slave contrust..it never applied anywhere but in the United States.... Even in Nazi germany it was not applic .... it does not stand up to a single moment of social, genetic or antropological analysis. It was developed by rascist and is perpetuated by rascists...

but since you beleive it it makes you are a white Kanadian...
            What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the census was wrong.....<span style="font-weight: bold">The primary sources were at best inaccurate at worst they were an attempt to fulfill poltical expidience of the time....</span>...... <span style="font-weight: bold">DYOR</span>
              </div></div>
              I see so the data resulting from the censuses the Spanish did in Jamaica was wrong. Okay, then where is the accurate data and what are the accurate numbers.

So by the one drap rule.. Tropi is a white Kanadian.... </div></div>

No, I don't have ANY White Canadian blood in me.....not even one drop. I have lots of African blood, whole heap of Jamaican blood, a drop of Scottish blood, likely some other British based on the appearance of some of my forebearers as described by the elderly in my family, and possibly some Chinese (not sure). Definitely at least 95% African/African Jamaican blood. NO Canadian whatsover.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We discussed this before. Unless your family came from another island, there is no way that you would be Jamaican for numerous generations and 100% Taino. It's just not possible. </span> </div></div>

This is based on the census data and other records compiled by the Spanish. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
              And when we discussed it I told you you were wrong... and again I am Taino....this is projection based on an inaccurate set ah data... <span style="font-weight: bold">it is possible, credible fact</span>.. </div></div>

If you insist that the Spanish records were wrong (and they could be, I have no way of knowing), then please provide the accurate data.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> why are you trying to fit me into your definitions...????? Black Jamaicans tell me I am not black... Because it does not fit into your narrow set of information you cannot accept this.... </div></div>

I would say that I have had access to a much broader range of data than most people regarding this period of Jamaican history. This has nothing to do with MY information as I wasn't around at the time. It is based on information compiled by the people who WERE around at the time....or I should correct that....the Spanish authorities.

The only way it seems you will be convinced is if you find a website that says so.. </div></div>

A website, a document, some data, SOMETHING....I am not a big believer in unverified personal experience as it is just too subjective and none of the people who were around at the time are among us. Certainly, from other islands there is more compelling data and even aboriginal communities that have survived to this day.

This is the only information that I have seen that backs up what you are saying and it was written by an Australian:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was noted at this time that rural farmers spoke a dialect that was mixture of Spanish, Taino and African languages. Later archaeologists were to discover English lead shot amongst Taino artifacts, and almost 60 years earlier in 1596 English privateer Sir Anthony Shirley sacked St. Jago de la Vega (later Spanish Town), after being guided there by Taino tribesmen. <span style="font-weight: bold">Further archaeological finds were later to confirm that Taino extinction was a myth, although being enslaved and cruelly treated by Europeans, some Taino did survive. Many escaped into the mountains to co-exist with the Maroons, where still today many non-African plants are used medicinally, plants that were once part of the Taino pharmacology. Hammocks also are still made in Accompong in the Taino fashion, proving that the Taino still survived for many years after the Spanish had left, with the Maroons in the mountains of inland Jamaica.</span> </div></div>

http://www.jamaicans.com/articles/pr...es/taino.shtml

A number of official Jamaican website and documents still say that the Taino were exerminated.

Because it is accepted it does not nesssarily become true..
              my fine white Kanadian... The one drop rule is as ridiculous as Malcolm X's house and feild slave contrust..it never applied anywhere but in the United States.... Even in Nazi germany it was not applic .... it does not stand up to a single moment of social, genetic or antropological analysis. It was developed by rascist and is perpetuated by rascists... </div></div>

We will agree to disagree on this. The only people I know who refuse to consider themselves Black when they are CLEARLY Black in appearance are people who are ashamed to be Black and I consider them to be sellouts and quite pathetic.

but since you beleive it it makes you are a white Kanadian... </div></div>

Nope absolutely no white Canadian blood flows through these veins.

Comment

then you are 5 % non black.. you are white scotish... You are Kanadian and white.. hence Kanadian and white.. or are you Scottish ????? Kanada is mostly that of a white migrants...

and as for the farcial non sequential argucment.. let me point out that literasy was not known among the Taino.. Waht you want me to do channel the dead ???

the spanish never had complete control of Jamaica, there were too few of them.... <span style="font-weight: bold">you do the maths based on your figures..... </span>the census was inaccurate even to the number of Spanish on the island at the time.... <span style="font-weight: bold">there are no accurate figures.. </span>
                So you are not a beleive in the bible given that it was written 80 years after the life of Jesu and the torah ten generations after the events..

If beleif is based on websites and corrputed primary sources ????? so all I have to do is set up a website, pour out all my family legends.... There goes the existance of Juan de Bolas, all the stories of Cudjoe are untrue, Nanny never existed..... We are told that history is written by the victor... you tell us they are rascist. so you beleive tjhat rascists..

Let me repeat I am not black, I am Taino.. I have long been told that by Jamaicans.... But then the Queen of England, so was Princes Diana, so is Juan Carlos, Reina Sofia, General Franco, Duke of Westminister, so is Phil the Greek, so was Peter Ustinov, so was emperor Hirohito.. So is fidel Castro.

I am astonish that some one who claims to be so consious has so little respect for oral tradtions but places such impacible faith in the written word.. and word written by those who controlled the whips..

Because it is written does not make it true.. I learnt that from a wise Jamaican.. jermy Palmer Mayor of Black River.. History is 90 % cojectur, 5% fact 5 % projections when it comes to non Europeans.. thus by your analysis Western Africa History is only found in white or Araboc

As Mortimo Planno put it history is in wi mine not inna dem buk...

Still I take the postion that I beleive what others tell me on here.... since you are effectively denying my claim based on acedemic snubbery.. I will do the same..

Given the evidence of your self I dont beleive you are 95% black.. I beleive you are 95% white Kanadian who was born there.. and wish u had greater amounts of black blood.. thus over compensate.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I beleive you are 95% white Kanadian who was born there.. and wish u had greater amounts of black blood.. thus over compensate </div></div>
                  I'm going to make some popcorn...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> then you are 5 % non black.. you are white scotish... You are Kanadian and white.. hence Kanadian and white.. or are you Scottish ????? Kanada is mostly that of a white migrants...
                    </div></div>

Fe de last time, not one drop of Canadian blood. Canada doesn't even come into it. One drop rule applies to BLACK blood only since our genes are dominant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If beleif is based on websites and corrputed primary sources ?????
                    </div></div>

Websites are NOT primary sources. They only contain access to other documents, primary sources that can be independently verified. Just because something is posted on a website does not make it true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so all I have to do is set up a website, pour out all my family legends.... </div></div>

No.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There goes the existance of Juan de Bolas, all the stories of Cudjoe are untrue, Nanny never existed..... We are told that history is written by the victor... you tell us they are rascist. so you beleive tjhat rascists..

Let me repeat I am not black, I am Taino.. <span style="font-weight: bold">I have long been told that by Jamaicans</span>.... </div></div>

I have been told that I am the Queen of Sheeba...that does not make it so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But then the Queen of England, so was Princes Diana, so is Juan Carlos, Reina Sofia, General Franco, Duke of Westminister, so is Phil the Greek, so was Peter Ustinov, so was emperor Hirohito.. So is fidel Castro.</div></div>

Proof please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am astonish that some one who claims to be so consious has so little respect for oral tradtions but places such impacible faith in the written word.. and word written by those who controlled the whips.. </div></div>

Oral traditions are very fascinating and give rich insight into culture but just because someone says it is so doesn't automatically MEAN that it is so particularly when there is independent, verifiable statistical data that says otherwise. If you say that the Spanish census was wrong, the onus is on YOU to provide evidence of this. So far you have never been able to do this.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Fe de last time, not one drop of Canadian blood. Canada doesn't even come into it. One drop rule applies to BLACK blood only since our genes are dominant.

Soon come wid more. </div></div>

yuh nuh hear sey dem a lift the one drop rule?...dem want Obama( and others like halle berry) to embrace his whiteness as much as his blackness
                      When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Soon come wid more. </div></div>

yuh nuh hear sey dem a lift the one drop rule?...dem want Obama( and others like halle berry) to embrace his whiteness as much as his blackness </div></div>

Nope one drop rule has not been repealed. Anyone who thinks that someone with 1 Black parent and 1 White parent will escape racial discrimination based on the fact that they are BLACK is smoking HUGE amounts of wacky-tabacky....and mi not just talking about North America.

Comment

unless dem can pass
                          When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless dem can pass </div></div>

Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given the evidence of your self I dont beleive you are 95% black.. I beleive you are 95% white Kanadian who was born there.. and wish u had greater amounts of black blood.. thus over compensate. </div></div>

Well this is pretty childish for a big grown man. No WONDER for the longest time I thought you were a woman.

One Drop Rule discussion continues here:

http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/ubbt...934#Post955934

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope one drop rule has not been repealed. Anyone who thinks that someone with 1 Black parent and 1 White parent will escape racial discrimination based on the fact that they are BLACK is smoking HUGE amounts of wacky-tabacky....and mi not just talking about North America. </div></div>

So why are you discriminating against white Jamaicans some of whom are clearly Semitic?
                                Are there really any White Jamaicans?
                                <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
                                - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X