Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ok since we confessing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ok since we confessing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jah_yout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">confession time?

never posted on shoutbox </div></div>

and the blow kitties thank you for that

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jah_yout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">confession time?

never posted on shoutbox </div></div> so the rumor that you alter ego is spengdon is not true den
      When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div>

r do u mean that u do not speak the patois of the uneducated...there r differences in the nuances of patois depending on the educational level of the speaker....an patois at its simplist is juss broken English...

am really curious as to how u define 'speaking Patois' so as to say u dont speak it atall

a lot of people neva spoke it all di time because u had teachers etc who admonished u re ur having to learn standard English etc etc...but even in di playgrung wid u frens u neva spoke it...ur helpers , people who came around u and ur family, at no time did u speak patois wid any of them

i know u know wat u speak but i am really flabbergasted to hear dat a Jcan does not speak patois...really flabbergasted....cause even wen u singalong to nuff songs u speaking patois...an wen u memorise a Louise Bennett etc u speaking patois....an wen u juss seh someting like 'bwoy a tyad u see' dat is patois, even if said in a 'prominent school' accent....an i know of wat i speak so hence mi ?ing how u define 'speaking patois'

u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Comment

speaking of which. weh speng deh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jah_yout</div><div class="ubbcode-body">confession time?

never posted on shoutbox </div></div> so the rumor that you alter ego is spengdon is not true den </div></div>
          “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div> That must be kind a common. finny thing was that they never forbade me from speaking it,but nobody at home,and veryfew in my ummudiate circle spoke it fluently. But the problem I jave is that Americans have not been able to recognize my accent. some refuse to believe that I am jamaican. that some tomes unclude Jamaicans though.
            until I prove that I know more wbout jamaica than them. </div></div>

Added to which yu granfada had a servant philosphy! </div></div> Servant phylosophy yo call it. well let me tell you mpore about him. He really did not think any doffefent of his executive class workers than the ssrvants at his home. He employed qyute a lot,and he really saw them as means to make a living. That is all. as early as i can remember ity was always being drilled in my head that
            [b]you can only loive this life as ling zs there people work for yoy [b/]
            My job was to make sure they are willing to work and i will be able to live, doing what I really want to do.
            .It yse to amaze me that these otherwize intelligent people sacrifice and study and then spend their lives working to make others wealthy. while many han barely support theri lifestyle. They never even seem to realize what gives those with th ep[ower that power. they think it is the money. most still think it is th emo0ney. money is not power. it makes you more vulnerable inless you have a hold on the real power.,
            Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> patois at its simplist is juss broken English </div></div>
              Not so. I refer you and all interested and engaged minds here to &quot;Understanding Jamaican Patois an introduction to Afro-Jamaican grammar&quot;, by L. Emilie Adams. It's a marvelous book for anyone who enjoys the way Jamaicans express themselves through their language. She makes an ironclad case that patwa has African grammar, among other things.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> patois at its simplist is juss broken English </div></div>
                Not so. I refer you and all interested and engaged minds here to &quot;Understanding Jamaican Patois an introduction to Afro-Jamaican grammar&quot;, by L. Emilie Adams. It's a marvelous book for anyone who enjoys the way Jamaicans express themselves through their language. She makes an ironclad case that patwa has African grammar, among other things. </div></div>

with respect to u, i dont need to be referred to any literary engagement wen it comes to Jamaica and Jamaican literature....and the premier authority on Jcan Patois is Louise Bennett...in more ways dan one....after she made it kosher, all oddas discovered it was of literary note hence their supposed studies an tomes...and of course their opinions...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.an patois at its simplist is juss broken English...

am really curious as to how u define 'speaking Patois' so as to say u dont speak it atall

</div></div> yes... not at all
                  When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> patois at its simplist is juss broken English </div></div>
                    Not so. I refer you and all interested and engaged minds here to &quot;Understanding Jamaican Patois an introduction to Afro-Jamaican grammar&quot;, by L. Emilie Adams. It's a marvelous book for anyone who enjoys the way Jamaicans express themselves through their language. She makes an ironclad case that patwa has African grammar, among other things. </div></div>Patois is just broken English.
                    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
                    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.an patois at its simplist is juss broken English...

</div></div> yes... not at all </div></div>

understood

Comment

here we go again. patwa has variances from english grammar. as such, it is more than broken english.
                        <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

Louise Bennett is wonderful.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He employed qyute a lot,and he really saw them as means to make a living. </div></div>

Sorry Doc I dont call it servant philosphy.. it was what u called it on a previous post!!!!

suh fram a marxist perspectivv U is fram deh capital side of hte Heglian struggle.... I am from the unskilled labour part af dat eqation... So fi mi DNA memory is diffarent..Pure historical suffara... victim af labour, unskilled illiterate, adjudged by deh crudity af mi patwa.. mi chat bad still.

.. Fi mi granfada dem was an astonishing level of finaicial incompetence, sexual success and alcoholic capacitic.. dem congeal fram deh digging that ditch across panama to chapping cane in Cuba.. to being involved on the wrong side of the Spanish Civil war....l... Like gran pupa like gran pickni.. apart fram deh cart driving mi falla dem wid astonishing acuurasy...

Dont get mi wrang doc.. mi nuh ha nuting gainst yu fore bears.. mi jus note an recall what yu write an analyse hit wid deh information yu provide...

Suh did grandad own a legal gun den ????

Maybe mi did bus mi arse fi yu gran pa den.... im did employ day labour inna deh 70's an 80's ??? im eva ripp aff deh day labour dem by claiming im a keep back tax ???? (true events but fram what dac sey im neva woulda duh dat.. beig a rigteous gun owna??)

Suh if wi apply ah historical analagy.. fi yu granparent prepsrsents the virtues of successful capital and its message of neoliberal paternalism.. while fi mi represents deh working class an all deh supoosed vices to whicj the poor ??????

Ah have faith dear Doc Robiespiere was a petty Bousiersie.. sorry mi cayn spell suh good...

Still mi releived was hoping yu canfession was nat a dacta!

Doc ah play mi ah p;ay wid u... Mi run gawn before doc pull im legal gun an defen im capital gainst mi granfada deh invirtuos...
                            What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
                            If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Louise Bennett is wonderful. </div></div>We all know. We spent a whole day interviewing her on here.
                              Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div>

Well that is indeed a disgrace. At least I have an excuse.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X