Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgiveness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> forgiveness means not holding on to the effects of an act done against me, bearing malice and hatred. For my own good I must never forget the act itself neither must I allow it to re-occur
    </div></div>

powerful statement Sukuna, and I apply this to my Mother who told me once just be thankful that you were <span style="font-weight: bold">even born</span>, move on and stop annoying the hell out of me. Never spoke to her for 5 years I was at a dark place in my life then....real evil thoughts which am glad I never acted on. She and I have reached a level of civility I know we will never be close like Mother and daughter, and I can see she is trying to bridge the gap. All me can manage sometime is civility no deep seated love. I no longer dislike her and wish her no harm but we will never be close.

<span style="font-style: italic">and me know me sound evil but am just being truthful </span>

Now my KKK uncle the dutty dawd dead, the amount of mental anguish that waste of space garbage inflicted on me as a kid, well I hope wherever he is he is suffering. I know he wanted to see me fore he expired I never went cause I would only have told him to rot in hell... and I feel no remose bout him
    Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can one forgive others without being able to forgive ONE's-self?
      </div></div>

britisha, the above statement....do not understand if someone wrongs me and I cut them off, I have nothing to forgive myself for. I did not do them wrong and yes I will live on a square of tile with that person and do not even remember or see they exist, especially if them is not family member that I care for.

I try to ensure that no one get the chance to do me the same hurt twice once and me cut yu off. I lose no sleep don't miss a beat.
      Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can one forgive others without being able to forgive ONE's-self?
        </div></div>

britisha, the above statement....do not understand if someone wrongs me and I cut them off, I have nothing to forgive myself for. I did not do them wrong and yes I will live on a square of tile with that person and do not even remember or see they exist, especially if them is not family member that I care for.

I try to ensure that no one get the chance to do me the same hurt twice once and me cut yu off. I lose no sleep don't miss a beat. </div></div>

Okay, as long as your &quot;cutting them off' doesn't require a special energy/thought/plan to do so on a continual basis, for it would only mean that the situation is still controlling/affecting you all because you didn't let it go completely...the beauty of forgiveness is, you feel free and relieved once it is over...done.
        <span style="font-style: italic">If it must choose who is to be crucified, the crowd will always save Barabbas</span>..John Cocteau.

<span style="font-weight: bold">all the lonely people, where do they all come from?</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">IGNORE A TROLL, di TROLL LOSES</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..the beauty of forgiveness is, you feel free and relieved once it is over...done. </div></div>

Word
          I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can one forgive others without being able to forgive ONE's-self?
            </div></div>

I try to ensure that no one get the chance to do me the same hurt twice once and me cut yu off. I lose no sleep don't miss a beat. </div></div>

Okay, as long as your &quot;cutting them off' <span style="font-weight: bold">doesn't require a special energy/thought/plan</span> to do so on a continual basis, for it would only mean that the situation is still controlling/affecting you all because you didn't let it go completely...the beauty of forgiveness is, you feel free and relieved once it is over...done. </div></div>

The above in bolded brit...I dont miss a beat, energy/thought/plan nada

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..the beauty of forgiveness is, you feel free and relieved once it is over...done. </div></div>

Word </div></div>

What a nice feeling eh?
              <span style="font-style: italic">If it must choose who is to be crucified, the crowd will always save Barabbas</span>..John Cocteau.

<span style="font-weight: bold">all the lonely people, where do they all come from?</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can one forgive others without being able to forgive ONE's-self?
                </div></div>

Okay, as long as your &quot;cutting them off' <span style="font-weight: bold">doesn't require a special energy/thought/plan</span> to do so on a continual basis, for it would only mean that the situation is still controlling/affecting you all because you didn't let it go completely...the beauty of forgiveness is, you feel free and relieved once it is over...done. </div></div>

The above in bolded brit...I dont miss a beat, energy/thought/plan nada </div></div>

Comment

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-style: italic">JACKPOT</span></span>

Isn't God good?

In the weirdest and strangest of places He can reveal Himself to your soul...I was watching a real funny movie at a friend's place last night, one scene was set in the prison chapel...the Rev who was conducting the service spoke on &quot;Forgiveness&quot;...and I felt somewhat strange and my mind went right back to...you guessed it...this thread....actually I was falling asleep **chukkle** and woke up right at this part..

Mark you, it was only a movie, and it struck me when she said this, and I paraphrase...&quot;remember, forgiveness is not FOR THE OTHER PERSON...it is for YOU...so when the person doing the forgiving thinks he/she is letting the other person who &quot;wronged them&quot; off the hook...nah....The forgiving ones are really and truly letting themselves off the hook...so here many of us go carrying the burden of not forgiving when it could be so much easier for us and for the planet..and of course she mentioned that if we don't forgive others then why should we expect God to forgive us?

Comment

Okay, you wronged me, beg me for forgiveness
                    let it burn, let it burn, let it burn

Comment

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                        <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sukuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, you wronged me, beg me for forgiveness </div></div>
                        </div></div>
                        interesting Christian response

Comment

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still&quot;. Jesus put it quite bluntly . . . &quot; Don't throw your pearls...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: britisha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still&quot;. Jesus put it quite bluntly . . . &quot; Don't throw your pearls... </div></div>
                            may every dog or otherwise censored get its befitting burial

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X