Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

So Mom's visiting from JA....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So Mom's visiting from JA....................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAmerican Ooman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Granny used to say &quot;I'd rather fart and be shame than buss and go lame..

</div></div> Ever heard of Tombb Stone in St Elizabeth?? It is rumered that theinscription on the famous smarker said something along that line. a little more morbid though.
    </div></div>let it be free unlike mary lee
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomBoomSkelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAmerican Ooman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Granny used to say &quot;I'd rather fart and be shame than buss and go lame..

</div></div> Ever heard of Tombb Stone in St Elizabeth?? It is rumered that theinscription on the famous smarker said something along that line. a little more morbid though.
      </div></div>let it be free unlike mary lee </div></div> That maybe what the older folks know that the young don't.
      Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

eeh eeh galang play fool fi ketch wise
        “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the thread poster male or female ???

</div></div>

Male ..
          formerly of St Georges College North Street ..
          Fiyah Bun ..

Comment

I have to tell you guys and I will be totally honest you:

I am very happy to have her with us,and I enjoy the time we get to share with her. My kids just adore her, especially the boys who love the chance to tell everyone they meet that their &quot;Jamaican Grandma&quot; is here.

The relationship between her and Mel has improved alot. There was a time when Mel couldn't wait for her to leave because they just could not get along. Mom was always intent on telling her just how she needed to take care of her son and Mel had serious issues with that.

I have to compete with her and the kids (although sometimes they have no clue what she is saying and have to ask me)for any time with Mom.....fine by me. Someone asked in one of the threads if I was ashamed of or had abandoned my culture. NO WAY!!!

I am very proud of who I am and have denied my heritage or culture, in fact you could say that I am very proud of it.

Right now, Mom and I are sitting on the front porch talking about the old neighborhood (Spanish Town)....(have the laptop going as we speak), the people we once knew, where they are now versus where I am today. I'm cracking up at her because evrytime I ask her about a certain place, she replies &quot;dung deh mash up man&quot;. It feels really good to play catch up and I'm actually starting to miss &quot;home&quot; and anticipating the upcoming visit even more.

I guess I would attribute my reaction to Mom's actions this morning and the previous days to the current everyday culture, people, environment. People here are just not used to seeing this kind of stuff!!!

I have 3 weeks with her and I intend to make the most of it. Mel is bringing her to the office next week for a visit and I'm just gonan let her loose.

And pon dih smaddy who tink seh mi is a female poster!!! (checking to make sure the ding ding is still there...(phew)...Tank yuh Jesus).

[The boys with Mom right after she landed, dress in their night clothes. They hopped out of bed after their sister told them I was heading to the airport to get Jamaican Grandma:]

<span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;It is better to be hated for you are than to be liked for who you are not&quot;</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJandMel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
              LOL @ the ding-ding check.

Your mom looks like she could pass for at least 50. She does NOT look her age one bit.

You really should write a book or start a blog on here. You are toooo funny.
              <span style="font-weight: bold"> Lookie here you... Take this <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smiley-violent081.gif and go GET A LIFE!!!</span>
              <span style="font-style: italic">Don't be Jealous of My Very Own Fabuliciousness and Fabulattitude Jamaican in Me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blushing2.gif</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                mii luv yu mom attitude soo oww cum yu neva inherit dat part aff ar pasanalitee

yu mom iss rite fii bunn fiyah pon yu fii 30lbs aff pork inn yu freezer, especiallee widd de swine flu ting a gawn. yu meen fii tell mii oonnoo nyam dat much arnald. dat natt rite </div></div>

Hey that was Mel's idea. She brought it home.
                <span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;It is better to be hated for you are than to be liked for who you are not&quot;</span>

Comment

yes mama look very young
                  “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

you see it Gen

cant even bother with the idiotic comments cause all that has nuttin to do with nuttin.

forest thru the damn trees doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for my information ? yuh mussie nevah get the memo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nylah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                    Originally posted by Gen
                    I don't think STG is truly ashamed of his culture man. I think he is just sharing the story with us like the last time when his mom was here

from what I have read here the children and his wife also love JA and the culture very much.

mi not ashamed of mi family but do i want to be in macy's pan big 34th street while mi madda let out big belch and fart ?

heck NO. mi convince my madda belch just out of habit cause is what dem used to do when dem in JA. mi sure my madda have gas but not as much as she a gwaan like she have when she a belch 200 time fi the day.

</div></div>

you know I have to agree. I wouldnt go as far and say he is ashamed.

These things would make me a little crazy too but it is just at the end of the day I know it isnt too big of a deal cause at that age they are set in them ways, and u have to just allow them.

my mother can belch and wake up the dead and as much as I may scream &quot;jesus mom!&quot; I know that she aint gonna stop any time soon so I grumble dnder my breath but leave it be. cause at least she is still around to get on my last nerve

</div></div><span style="font-size: 11pt"> What a disgraceful set a Jamaican eh?? How dem a do them mother so??

for your information
                    She does not do it out of habit. You will soon find out when you get to that stage.

production of Gas is the process of the fermentation of undigested food in the GI tract.
                    As a person's digestive system becomes less efficient, that have difficulty in digesting complex carbs and proteins.
                    As a result they will produce a higher percentage of digestive gas than the more efficient person. Unless it is corrected it has a tendency to increase with age.
                    So older people who have not recognize the digestive inefficiency will belch more and pass gas by pother means more.
                    Did you know that it is the same breakdown in the digestive system,that causes obesity actually cause the excessive production of digestive gasses?

And no they can't avoid it, they can do it more quietly, but not avoid it completely, or even reduce the amount of gas they pass.

They will have to rid the body of it one way or another. </span> </div></div>
                    And he will slay any Dragon for me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                      And pon dih smaddy who tink seh mi is a female poster!!! (checking to make sure the ding ding is still there...(phew)...Tank yuh Jesus). </div></div>

Oh suh yuh married to Mel as in Melanie, not Mel as in Melvin...My bad!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61U0Mq9cIY

I love my Haterrrrsssss!!!!!!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phatty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                        And pon dih smaddy who tink seh mi is a female poster!!! (checking to make sure the ding ding is still there...(phew)...Tank yuh Jesus). </div></div>

Oh suh yuh married to Mel as in Melanie, not Mel as in Melvin...My bad!!! </div></div>

Yep you are correct on that one!!

Comment

She totally looks like my Jamaican grandmother. Her hair has even grayed the same way, like me and my daughter. PM me more details, I'm always looking for more family. <span style="font-size: 17pt"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> HEAR MI NOW, GRANDMA2!! (AKA CUZ!)</span> </span>
                          Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lord be praised, my stomach is raised. </div></div>
                            If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                            We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAmerican Ooman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Granny used to say &quot;I'd rather fart and be shame than buss and go lame..

</div></div>

Let fart be free for it killed poor Mary Lee?
                              If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                              We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DotCom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJandMel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
                                LOL @ the ding-ding check.

Your mom looks like she could pass for at least 50. She does NOT look her age one bit.

You really should write a book or start a blog on here. You are toooo funny. </div></div> Mind what you wish for. everytinwe he comes he always has a brand new exitement.
                                I think he take off his mom.
                                Anyway his mom could almost pass for mine. Only mine is a serious St Elizabeth red head.
                                Her patois is better than mine too. And as usual they all look good for their age. i hope I age as well as the old Jamaicans do.
                                Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X