Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Live reporting from the scene of Amer Airlines flight 331

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live reporting from the scene of Amer Airlines flight 331

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ms Exced</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Wendy nuh long time people a tell you fi protect you work.

Wha wrong with you woman </div></div>

Yes yes Yes fi troot ...long long long time ... Mi learn now ..mi get it
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

how'd i miss this

love it

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wendilina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tanya ...you belong to all these sites? How yuh find these trails

</div></div>

Google is my friend

Just paste the first few lines of the story in google

Comment

http://coolije.tumblr.com/post/30541...amaican-creole

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://coolije.tumblr.com/post/30541...amaican-creole

</div></div>

Holy Salt Mackerel!!! No man

My brother seems to be doing the same ting.. Using Google that is.. he sent me other sites as well

Dam .. dis goes fi show how tings can spread like while fyah once it get pan di intanet ..Here I thought I was posting this to Jamaicans.com only

Comment

post di sites him find it on noh

Comment

He is getting the same hits.. excpet the firsyt one he sent
                I didnt see it

This what he sent ..

<span style="font-style: italic">Wendy here are some links I found;
                </span>http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/Tek-One

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6...68/index2.html

Comment

Do you realize that if you write the same story in plain english it will be commercially viable?
                  that is why i am against the increase use of patois. It simply isolate the speakers,and represent the value of the skills of the practitioners.
                  I know you don't agree with me, but That is my perspective. and i know you have a right to yours as well.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wendilina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is getting the same hits.. excpet the firsyt one he sent
                  I didnt see it

This what he sent ..

<span style="font-style: italic">Wendy here are some links I found;
                  </span>http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/Tek-One

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6...68/index2.html

</div></div>
                  Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Dr Dudd ..I am sure you know that when I am writing I am writing for this audience (jamaican.com) I am not going to argue your point ..it is valid but a non patwa speaking audience was not my intended audience.

When it's time for the book I will consult you on making all the necessary English translations for me (with spell check of course)

Comment

dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

it would not have the same impact in english. That's MY opinion and that's The ONLY correct one anyone who disagrees a EEEEDIAT!!!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing. </div></div>

MG - You know I made the same argument to someone when I was discussing whether to really write a book or not. You are right some of this jokes are intrinsically cultural and it's hard to write the kind of comedy I would feel comfortable writing to audiences that donít understand the culture. I am not a romance novel kind of writer which would no doubtely have wider range .. I just love writing parodies and goofy Jamaican stuff but the audience is limited when it comes to writing a book. What to do

Comment

keep doing what u doing, there's enuff of a jamaican market. well, nuff piracy a gwaan still, but i think u can achieve commercial success catering to the cultural market.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

a soon change back mi name

Comment

So what do you say about the boards where they have to translate it and it is just as popular??
                                Of course a part will be due ti the patwa.
                                But that part is only a small percent of the Internet.
                                That is why China is making teaching of english in schools mandatory.
                                They still teach in Chinese, but they want to be able to communicate with the world.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing. </div></div>
                                Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X